My little outting. (I suck at car shots).

12 years 4 weeks ago #212050 by Po0S

Scotty wrote: Liked the shadow on this one.

Wow, I really like this one. I have no idea what the color version looks like, but I am going to take a wild guess it's much better in B&W. Great composition and I agree, I also like the shadow. :judge:

12 years 4 weeks ago #212068 by Papabear63
Scott, the shots are great. :judge: The B & W gives it that old world feel especially in the first shot.

The following user(s) said Thank You: McBeth Photography, jeth
12 years 4 weeks ago #212074 by Scotty

icepics wrote: Adrian I think that came across as a rude way to talk to Chas (Rich). Valid points, there could be an antenna on an older car, and you can't really tell if some of the photos were taken inside or outdoors. It's a valid question to ask about the conversion, Scotty said there were no reasons for what he did.

Hes just horse playing . Dont worry chas and I have our pitchforks and torches ready.

They were taken inside with limited room.

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 4 weeks ago #212096 by rmeyer7

Scotty wrote: Adrian's Favorite.

Looks to me like Adrian has good taste. :thumbsup:

I like 'em all but this one stands out.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jeth
12 years 4 weeks ago #212101 by LauraD
I like the shallow DOF on the first one ...maybe just a little sharper focus on the first few letters ...but really nice shot, I my opinion ...:judge:

I am a serious hobbyist and I am constantly trying to challenge myself with new and interesting shots. My photography can also be viewed here:
lauradphotography.zenfolio.com/
laura-daddona.artistwebsites.com/
LauraD.imagekind.com

12 years 4 weeks ago #212124 by Scotty
Thanks for the compliments.

Photo Comments
12 years 4 weeks ago #212149 by photobod

Scotty wrote: Thanks for the compliments.

Who said they were compliments maybe their is hidden meaning in those words :toocrazy: :toocrazy: :toocrazy:
Love icepics stab at Adrian, can you remember when I used to take you and Adrian literally and had a few fallouts :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: glad those days are over, never noticed any horses in this thread :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
B&W is my fave of all techniques, love these conversions, well all but the aeroplane thought that looked better in color. :judge: :judge: :judge:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 4 weeks ago #212154 by Scotty

photobod wrote:

Scotty wrote: Thanks for the compliments.

Who said they were compliments maybe their is hidden meaning in those words :toocrazy: :toocrazy: :toocrazy:
Love icepics stab at Adrian, can you remember when I used to take you and Adrian literally and had a few fallouts :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: glad those days are over, never noticed any horses in this thread :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
B&W is my fave of all techniques, love these conversions, well all but the aeroplane thought that looked better in color. :judge: :judge: :judge:

Yeah, what doesn't kill you makes you 100 times stronger.

My whole thing about these shots was that I went way out of my comfort zone to take them. I do not do cars or anything of that sort ever. Tried some new editing techniques in PS for black and white. A lot of dodge and burning. Some are decent, some I think could use a reshoot (composition wise). Learning process.

Photo Comments
12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #212291 by Stealthy Ninja

photobod wrote: Love icepics stab at Adrian, can you remember when I used to take you and Adrian literally and had a few fallouts :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: glad those days are over, never noticed any horses in this thread :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

LOL yes. Charlie knows I'm joking about which is why I targeted him.

If other people get sucked into my masterful work, it's all good. :thumbsup:

AS for YOU! Glad to be of service. :nunu: :beerbang:
12 years 4 weeks ago #212292 by Stealthy Ninja

chasrich wrote: Nice troll... well not really!

What's a troll? :huh:
12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #212304 by jeth
Very nice compositions. And you managed to give them a proper silver look. My compliments to Scotty.

Silver fan
12 years 4 weeks ago #212576 by Scotty

jeth wrote: Very nice compositions. And you managed to give them a proper silver look. My compliments to Scotty.

Thank you sir.

Photo Comments
12 years 4 weeks ago #212588 by KenStephens
I am a big fan of old aircraft. Nothing like a DC-3.

I will probably leave this world in a vintage biplane.

Ken

12 years 4 weeks ago #212608 by Scotty

KenStephens wrote: I am a big fan of old aircraft. Nothing like a DC-3.

Ken

They're something to marvel at. Works of art.

Photo Comments
12 years 3 weeks ago #212911 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote:

KenStephens wrote: I am a big fan of old aircraft. Nothing like a DC-3.

Ken

They're something to marvel at. Works of art.

Apparently Xenu will return on a DC-8.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024