My Arizona (Sedona/Grand Canyon) trip so far.

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #228299 by Scotty
This is a 10 minute edit on one of the first shots I saw, so it will get better.

Loving this trip so far.

Taken at sunset with the d800, Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8 VR II, B+W Kaeserman polarizer FROM MY HOTEL ROOM BALCONY.

CLICK FOR LARGER PICTURE.

Going to bed now, getting up for sunrise at 5:30 AM.

Will be updating more during the week.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #228303 by Joiemagic
Nice one Scotty... One day, I will get there...

Joie Fadde
Fadde Photography / Sports Shots, Etc.
"Capturing the Timeless Moments of Life"

On Flickr
www.flickr.com/photos/faddephotography/

11 years 11 months ago #228324 by effron
Going to bed? Have you not seen the night sky out west???
Just kidding, nice shot. Hope you get some good clouds on your trip......;)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #228334 by Shadowfixer1
Sedona is a cool place. I hope you get clouds also. Have fun and I look forward to the upcoming images.
11 years 11 months ago #228339 by Baydream
Great start to the trip. :thumbsup:

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #228346 by Scotty

Shadowfixer1 wrote: Sedona is a cool place. I hope you get clouds also. Have fun and I look forward to the upcoming images.

Had one cloud yesterday lol. Just finished sunrise shots. I've never been out west before...so this is unreal to me.

I'll be posting from my phone until tonight because going to the next hotel(next one is in the grand canyon itself with a similiar view)

thanks for compliments all, more to come!

Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #228365 by Joves

Scotty wrote:

Shadowfixer1 wrote: Sedona is a cool place. I hope you get clouds also. Have fun and I look forward to the upcoming images.

Had one cloud yesterday lol. Just finished sunrise shots. I've never been out west before...so this is unreal to me.

I'll be posting from my phone until tonight because going to the next hotel(next one is in the grand canyon itself with a similiar view)

thanks for compliments all, more to come!

Im guessing you are staying at the El Tovar then. Best way to run the canyon is to start at Desert View and follow the sun. Are you heading back to Sedona or Phx after the canyon? Either way if you want an interesting drive back to those places you can drive to Williams using Hwy 64 go through downtown to 4th Street, which is the second road after the 4 way stop. Make a left and take that road straight to Jerome it is a very scenic route, I will warn you though it is dirt for quite a bit, but it is a good road for all vehicles, unless it rains then forget it. If you are going to Phx you can go over Mingus mountain from Jerome to Prescott Valley to get to the valley. This gives you a really good idea of how diverse Arizona is in climate and environment, also in PV you may get to photograph some antelope, they are usually all over that area and not really skittish there.
Oh! If you choose to try that when the pavement ends you want to bear left to Perkinsville and not Drake. It is really easy.

11 years 11 months ago #228366 by Sawyer
The detail is amazing :judge:

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon 35L | Sigma 85 1.4 | Helios 44M-6 58mm(M42) | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 (C/Y) | Canon 135L | (2) 430EX II
Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #228370 by rmeyer7
Beautiful place, I went to Sedona and the Grand Canyon last year and absolutely loved it. I'm anticipating seeing some amazing photos from your trip, you definitely have the skill to capture it better than I did.

11 years 11 months ago #228410 by Scotty
Thanks for all the compliments. With the landscapes available, its hard to take a bad shot.

I made the mistake of going into the camera shop in Sedona. Walked out with a new Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G.

All tips on locations has been noted.

Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #228411 by CWphotos
:woohoo: Talk about a room with a view!!! Beautiful capture...looking forward to seeing MORE!

BTW...if you get a chance to see Bryce Canyon, DO SO!

What you are is so loud, I can't hear a word you say!
11 years 11 months ago #228412 by Joves

Scotty wrote: Thanks for all the compliments. With the landscapes available, its hard to take a bad shot.

I made the mistake of going into the camera shop in Sedona. Walked out with a new Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G.

Yeah Rollies is a fairly nice shop for its size. I used to walk out with things all the time when I stopped in.

11 years 11 months ago #228416 by CWphotos

CWphotos wrote: :woohoo: Talk about a room with a view!!! Beautiful capture...looking forward to seeing MORE!

BTW...if you get a chance to see Bryce Canyon, DO SO!

Sorry...I neglected to mention that Bryce Canyon is in Utah, but it really isn't that far North from the Grand Canyon?

What you are is so loud, I can't hear a word you say!
11 years 11 months ago #228421 by Scotty

Joves wrote:

Scotty wrote: Thanks for all the compliments. With the landscapes available, its hard to take a bad shot.

Yeah Rollies is a fairly nice shop for its size. I used to walk out with things all the time when I stopped in.

Very surprised at their lens selection.

Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #228433 by chasrich
Thanks for sharing Scotty... looking forward to seeing more from you. :judge: :judge: :judge:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024