My Arizona (Sedona/Grand Canyon) trip so far.

11 years 10 months ago #228458 by KCook
So did you get the eclipse? Very clear view of it here in Phoenix, thought it is only a partial eclipse from here.

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

11 years 10 months ago #228475 by Scotty

KCook wrote: So did you get the eclipse? Very clear view of it here in Phoenix, thought it is only a partial eclipse from here.

Kelly

No, but used the light to do sunset shots of the canyon.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago #228476 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote: This is a 10 minute edit on one of the first shots I saw, so it will get better.

Loving this trip so far.

Taken at sunset with the d800, Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8 VR II, B+W Kaeserman polarizer FROM MY HOTEL ROOM BALCONY.

CLICK FOR LARGER PICTURE.

Going to bed now, getting up for sunrise at 5:30 AM.

Will be updating more during the week.

Wow, that reminds me so much of a photo when Ansel Adams shot at the Grand Canyon.

This is the shot, it's not one his more well known ones:

Attachments:
11 years 10 months ago #228477 by mklinejr
Scotty if that view is out your hotel room then i cant wait to see what view and photos you come back with when you go looking for the "Hero Shot" have a nice trip!!!

Life is much more managable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party - Jimmy Buffet
11 years 10 months ago #228478 by Hoss
Can't wait to see more photos :judge:

Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago #228480 by digishutterbug
Lovely, I was in Sedona and Grand Canyon pre-digital, before I took up photography. On my bucket list of places to go to again. Maybe next year when I go out that way with my brother.

11 years 10 months ago #228493 by KCook
Cool find SN. The vantage point appears identical, which is almost creepy!

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

11 years 10 months ago #228528 by Travel Nut
You nailed a excellent shot here

11 years 10 months ago #228584 by ibra5
Pretty good. I just got back from the grand canyon and hoh man, there are some great sights up there.

11 years 10 months ago #228585 by Frisco
I'm jealous :judge: :judge: :judge:

Nikon 18-55mm VR, Nikon 70-200mm VRII f/2.8, Nikon 50mm f/1.8, Nikon 10.5mm Fisheye, Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8, SB-700 & SB-800
Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago #228616 by Wyrick Photography
How refreshing that must be waking up to?! Have you gone on any tours there yet?

Canon 5d Mark II • Canon 24-105mm F/4.0 • Canon 135mm F/2.0 • Canon 50mm F/1.8 • Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 • Canon 580ex ii
Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago #228643 by McBeth Photography
Love the area down there! I hope you're having great trip Scotty, head over to Monument Valley if you have time.....lots of cool rocks there too!

It is what it is.
11 years 10 months ago #228694 by Scotty

McBeth Photography wrote: Love the area down there! I hope you're having great trip Scotty, head over to Monument Valley if you have time.....lots of cool rocks there too!

I'm at The View hotel and my balcony has the view of monument valley. I just shot sunset here. Had no recpetion on the phone and no internet almost all day. Had no time to really edit yet. Hopefully I can get one or two done tonight.

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago #228698 by Slick Man
We had family trip there a few years back. Entire family had a great time.

I'd rather be shooting!
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #228699 by Scotty

CLICK FOR LARGER IMAGE.

Not my favorite, but turned out decent.

The lighting on this was WEIRD. It was a sunset, during the eclipse.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024