Could these be the worst wedding pictures?

11 years 10 months ago #228707 by Slick Man
Do they have Craigslist photographers over there too? :rofl: :rofl:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2132578...ok-blurry-shots.html

I'd rather be shooting!
11 years 10 months ago #228710 by elijahpaul
What a disaster! My only tip to would-be clients would be, always check the photographer's portfolio.

Hobbyist
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #228713 by Stealthy Ninja
Ah I see the firm went bust... well bound to happen I suppose.

I feel they didn't bother checking the photos before giving them to the couple. Usually trash the crappy shots you get.

Some of them honestly aren't terrible. Like the shot of them from behind was actually ok, put it in black and white and they would have loved it. :roll eyes

Also the one were they're looking at the cake. It has a lot of problems, but a bit of cropping and black and white and it turns into "art".

The ghost hand one could have been saved with a simple crop and by boosting the shadows with curves.

Without seeing the "good shots" I can't really tell if this is that bad or just people whining and only showing the bad shots to the press to get attention. Though it does seem like these people don't know what they're doing. I wonder if they shot RAW or jpeg...
11 years 10 months ago #228727 by effron
Shooters sold their cameras and are now on the dole. Thought that only happened in America?
:)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #228744 by Henry Peach
Did the couple check a portfolio? Did they ask for references? Did they wonder why these photographers were charging 1/2 (or less) than what the average wedding photographer in the area charges?

Nope. They went for the deal, gambled on inexperienced photographers, and they got what they paid for. Reporters don't write many articles on the couples who hire inexpensive photographers, and are perfectly happy with their photos, because it's not as titillating as bad news.
11 years 10 months ago #228778 by john_m

Henry Peach wrote: Did the couple check a portfolio? Did they ask for references? Did they wonder why these photographers were charging 1/2 (or less) than what the average wedding photographer in the area charges?

Nope. They went for the deal, gambled on inexperienced photographers, and they got what they paid for. Reporters don't write many articles on the couples who hire inexpensive photographers, and are perfectly happy with their photos, because it's not as titillating as bad news.

^THIS :agree: :goodpost:

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

11 years 10 months ago #228809 by John37
Wow... even I could have done better!! :lol:
If these are the keepers I'd love to see the rejects. :ohmy:

"The most endangered species? The honest man!"
11 years 10 months ago #228955 by CatherineW
I'm just going to laugh and take a VERY high road on this one.

.... but will say those photos were horrible!

***Remember 9/11***
Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago #228970 by Cre8tivefix
LOL Actually they look a lot like the shots I got of my wedding. But I go what I expected and was fine with it. I was living for the moment, not the photos. But they really should have shopped around a little more apparently. At least then they would know what they were paying for.

11 years 10 months ago #228985 by Stealthy Ninja

John37 wrote: Wow... even I could have done better!! :lol:
If these are the keepers I'd love to see the rejects. :ohmy:

Yeh. I do think that the photographers didn't check what they were putting on the CD or whatever. These are probably ones they should have rejected.

Though the mysterious hand one is a bit puzzling.
11 years 10 months ago #228999 by icepics
Good one John.:lol:

Hey that kid behind the curtain couldn't help being bored and playing w/his car along the windowsill. (I have a phantom hand photo, mine's more spooky looking! - well maybe not, it's just a B&W photo.)

Maybe if we're lucky articles like this will help bring about the beginning of the end of craigslist-type people-with-cameras who think if they can aim it at something they're photographers.

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago #229045 by CatherineW
I had to view again and still getting a good laugh :rofl: :rofl:

***Remember 9/11***
Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago #229052 by FrallaNorthern
I think that it's true you get what you pay for, but it's not very professional to charge people if you're THAT inexperienced.

11 years 10 months ago #229073 by Henry Peach

FrallaNorthern wrote: I think that it's true you get what you pay for, but it's not very professional to charge people if you're THAT inexperienced.

All professions contain quacks. Consider the people running the banks these days.
11 years 10 months ago #229074 by Henry Peach

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Yeh. I do think that the photographers didn't check what they were putting on the CD or whatever. These are probably ones they should have rejected.

Though the mysterious hand one is a bit puzzling.

The motorcycle hand is my favorite!

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024