Best clothing to wear when you are out shooting?

7 years 10 months ago #240554 by John Ledder
When your out shooting are you paying much attention to what type of clothing you are wearing? I tend to always wear loose fitted slacks or jeans. My shirts always seems to be tricky, I don't wear form fitting shirts, and loose shirts tend to not work. I guess the happy medium for me is a polo shirt. I tend to go with earthy colors. Do you stick with a particular color? I guess if you shoot in studio black might be the best for many.

What attire are you dressing in when out shooting?

Family, Fishing, Fotography :)
Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #240559 by Darrell
Other than events, I wear what ever I happen to have on.

You will not be judged as a photographer by the pictures you take, but by the pictures you show.

7 years 10 months ago #240579 by CWphotos
:huh: That's a loaded question. When hiking around the Suwannee River, in FL...capris and flip flops and LOTS of bug spray. Higher elevations, such as 8,000 or 9,000 ft. in Bryce Canyon, Utah...layers; temps start out around 28 degrees ( in late June! ), and climb to the mid eighties--layers are a must. Trying to capture shots of your daughter receiving her masters in mathmatics, dressed to a T. :lol:

What you are is so loud, I can't hear a word you say!

7 years 10 months ago #240587 by Roy Wilson
If I'm on assignment or doing wedding work I'm always with a button up shirt, slacks and comfortable shoes. If I'm out taking recreational photos then it's all about comfort. So sneakers, jeans and tee shirt

Canon 5D Mark II, 30D, 40D, 50 1.2L, 16-35 2.8L Mark II, 24-105 4L IS, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L IS, 85 1.8, 4 x 580 EX(II)
Photo Comments

7 years 10 months ago #240609 by Joves
I wear whatever, but mostly BDUs because of the cargo pockets and they are loose fitting. T-shirts which is pretty much all I have. I am in the woods a lot, so I wear Eau de la Deet as my perfume. Ticks are crazy down here as are the other bugs, makes me miss the Arizona buglessness. :lol:

7 years 10 months ago #240640 by Raymond II
Always jeans or slacks and polo shirt

Photo Comments

7 years 10 months ago #240658 by geoffellis
I wear whatever is relevant to the situation. Shooting an outdoor festival in the summer will be different than climbing a mountain in the spring, or a christmas party in december. hell it would even be different shooting a christmas parade in the winter.

I cant imagine wearing a specific outfit for any shooting occasion. But im accustomed to everything from -40C to +40C weather and everything in between. Rain, Snow Humidity... Although i dont think ive ever had my camera out at temps below -10C

7 years 10 months ago #240659 by Rob pix4u2
Weddings I wear a tuxedo, events dress shirt and slacks, hockey games turtleneck and jeans/Dockers,football games a team shirt and cargo pants with a Domke vest, otherwise comfortable jeans, tee shirts/polo shirts.

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

7 years 10 months ago #240708 by Crammer
I wear what is comfortable!

Photo Comments

7 years 10 months ago #240737 by TheNissanMan
I tend to stick to the same things...

Craghopper trousers, winterlined when cold, zip off legs when hot
Base Layer if cold with polo on top or just polo when not cold
Berghaus Choktoi Fleece in all weathers
Montane Super Fly outer jacket when a chance of rain :)
And my comfy Walking boots in all weathers.

I've been out in all conditions from 2 mile walks out into the sandbanks of the east coast of England in bitter weather to standing in the middle of a motor arena in the sun and never felt uncomfortable :)

7 years 10 months ago #240866 by Roy Wilson

Joves wrote: I wear whatever, but mostly BDUs because of the cargo pockets and they are loose fitting. T-shirts which is pretty much all I have. I am in the woods a lot, so I wear Eau de la Deet as my perfume. Ticks are crazy down here as are the other bugs, makes me miss the Arizona buglessness. :lol:

Where you located?

Canon 5D Mark II, 30D, 40D, 50 1.2L, 16-35 2.8L Mark II, 24-105 4L IS, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L IS, 85 1.8, 4 x 580 EX(II)
Photo Comments

7 years 10 months ago #240885 by Joves

Roy Wilson wrote:

Joves wrote: I wear whatever, but mostly BDUs because of the cargo pockets and they are loose fitting. T-shirts which is pretty much all I have. I am in the woods a lot, so I wear Eau de la Deet as my perfume. Ticks are crazy down here as are the other bugs, makes me miss the Arizona buglessness. :lol:

Where you located?

I am in South Carolina now. My mom had quadruple bypass surgery and I came here to take care of her. She is getting around now on her own, so it is good. Just looking for work here locally is a pain.

7 years 10 months ago #240919 by Mike Ayrouth
When I'm out just casual shooting, I'm in shorts and tee shirt if weather permits.

Getting BETTER one photo at a time!
Photo Comments

7 years 10 months ago #240934 by Stealthy Ninja

7 years 10 months ago #240975 by crystal
I wear whatever I wear. I don't dress up differently to go out shooting. My everyday clothes are jeans/shorts and tshirt, that is what I wear to shoot. Now, the only thing I will change is from sneakers to hiking boots, depending on where I plan on shooting.

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In the Canon 5D Mark III vs Canon 1D Mark IV battle, which of these older cameras is right for you? Get all the details on these oldies but goodies in this comparison review.

May 27, 2020

The Fujifilm X-T4 was released just a couple of months ago and represents a nice update to the X-T3. In this Fujifilm X-T4 review, we'll discuss specs, features, build, handling, and more.

May 20, 2020

Not sure if the Canon 5Ds R is right for you in 2020? Let us help you decide with this detailed Canon 5Ds R review.

May 20, 2020

Is the Fujifilm GFX 50S medium format camera the right choice for you? Find out in this quick review of its specs, build quality, video capabilities, and more.

May 18, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

There are many reasons why you should print on metal, including the durability and uniqueness of metal prints, as well as all the options you have for customizing your print.

May 29, 2020

Razer has unleashed the 2020 version of their Blade 15 Studio, and it is an incredible machine with the power visual creatives need.

May 29, 2020

Canvas or paper prints can be a nice addition to your home, but each one has distinct advantages and disadvantages that are helpful to know before you buy.

May 27, 2020

In the Canon 5D Mark III vs Canon 1D Mark IV battle, which of these older cameras is right for you? Get all the details on these oldies but goodies in this comparison review.

May 27, 2020

I have two high-powered laptops on my desk. In this Macbook vs Razer comparison, I'll break these computers down by specs, pros, and cons.

May 27, 2020

There are plenty of items photographers need, including office equipment that improves your workflow, the functionality of your space, and makes you more comfortable.

May 26, 2020

If you're in the market for a new camera strap and you want something custom and handmade, look no further than these custom camera straps from Holdfast.

May 26, 2020

You can learn nude photography with any kind of camera. What's more important is to focus on the process and making the model (and yourself) as comfortable as possible.

May 26, 2020