Best clothing to wear when you are out shooting?

11 years 8 months ago #240554 by John Ledder
When your out shooting are you paying much attention to what type of clothing you are wearing? I tend to always wear loose fitted slacks or jeans. My shirts always seems to be tricky, I don't wear form fitting shirts, and loose shirts tend to not work. I guess the happy medium for me is a polo shirt. I tend to go with earthy colors. Do you stick with a particular color? I guess if you shoot in studio black might be the best for many.

What attire are you dressing in when out shooting?

Family, Fishing, Fotography :)
Photo Comments
11 years 8 months ago #240559 by Darrell
Other than events, I wear what ever I happen to have on.

You will not be judged as a photographer by the pictures you take, but by the pictures you show.
11 years 8 months ago #240579 by CWphotos
:huh: That's a loaded question. When hiking around the Suwannee River, in FL...capris and flip flops and LOTS of bug spray. Higher elevations, such as 8,000 or 9,000 ft. in Bryce Canyon, Utah...layers; temps start out around 28 degrees ( in late June! ), and climb to the mid eighties--layers are a must. Trying to capture shots of your daughter receiving her masters in mathmatics, dressed to a T. :lol:

What you are is so loud, I can't hear a word you say!
11 years 8 months ago #240587 by Roy Wilson
If I'm on assignment or doing wedding work I'm always with a button up shirt, slacks and comfortable shoes. If I'm out taking recreational photos then it's all about comfort. So sneakers, jeans and tee shirt

Canon 5D Mark II, 30D, 40D, 50 1.2L, 16-35 2.8L Mark II, 24-105 4L IS, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L IS, 85 1.8, 4 x 580 EX(II)
Photo Comments
11 years 8 months ago #240609 by Joves
I wear whatever, but mostly BDUs because of the cargo pockets and they are loose fitting. T-shirts which is pretty much all I have. I am in the woods a lot, so I wear Eau de la Deet as my perfume. Ticks are crazy down here as are the other bugs, makes me miss the Arizona buglessness. :lol:

11 years 8 months ago #240640 by Raymond II
Always jeans or slacks and polo shirt

Photo Comments
11 years 8 months ago #240658 by geoffellis
I wear whatever is relevant to the situation. Shooting an outdoor festival in the summer will be different than climbing a mountain in the spring, or a christmas party in december. hell it would even be different shooting a christmas parade in the winter.

I cant imagine wearing a specific outfit for any shooting occasion. But im accustomed to everything from -40C to +40C weather and everything in between. Rain, Snow Humidity... Although i dont think ive ever had my camera out at temps below -10C
11 years 8 months ago #240659 by Rob pix4u2
Weddings I wear a tuxedo, events dress shirt and slacks, hockey games turtleneck and jeans/Dockers,football games a team shirt and cargo pants with a Domke vest, otherwise comfortable jeans, tee shirts/polo shirts.

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

11 years 8 months ago #240708 by Crammer
I wear what is comfortable!

Photo Comments
11 years 8 months ago #240737 by TheNissanMan
I tend to stick to the same things...

Craghopper trousers, winterlined when cold, zip off legs when hot
Base Layer if cold with polo on top or just polo when not cold
Berghaus Choktoi Fleece in all weathers
Montane Super Fly outer jacket when a chance of rain :)
And my comfy Walking boots in all weathers.

I've been out in all conditions from 2 mile walks out into the sandbanks of the east coast of England in bitter weather to standing in the middle of a motor arena in the sun and never felt uncomfortable :)

11 years 8 months ago #240866 by Roy Wilson

Joves wrote: I wear whatever, but mostly BDUs because of the cargo pockets and they are loose fitting. T-shirts which is pretty much all I have. I am in the woods a lot, so I wear Eau de la Deet as my perfume. Ticks are crazy down here as are the other bugs, makes me miss the Arizona buglessness. :lol:

Where you located?

Canon 5D Mark II, 30D, 40D, 50 1.2L, 16-35 2.8L Mark II, 24-105 4L IS, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L IS, 85 1.8, 4 x 580 EX(II)
Photo Comments
11 years 8 months ago #240885 by Joves

Roy Wilson wrote:

Joves wrote: I wear whatever, but mostly BDUs because of the cargo pockets and they are loose fitting. T-shirts which is pretty much all I have. I am in the woods a lot, so I wear Eau de la Deet as my perfume. Ticks are crazy down here as are the other bugs, makes me miss the Arizona buglessness. :lol:

Where you located?

I am in South Carolina now. My mom had quadruple bypass surgery and I came here to take care of her. She is getting around now on her own, so it is good. Just looking for work here locally is a pain.

11 years 8 months ago #240919 by Mike Ayrouth
When I'm out just casual shooting, I'm in shorts and tee shirt if weather permits.

Getting BETTER one photo at a time!
Photo Comments
11 years 8 months ago #240934 by Stealthy Ninja
Something like this:
11 years 8 months ago #240975 by crystal
I wear whatever I wear. I don't dress up differently to go out shooting. My everyday clothes are jeans/shorts and tshirt, that is what I wear to shoot. Now, the only thing I will change is from sneakers to hiking boots, depending on where I plan on shooting.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024