Ever feel like your creative mojo has gone for good?

11 years 8 months ago #246668 by Misti Tracy
Ack, it's frustrating, to say the least!

I wanted to share an article with you...we invited Julieanne Kost (Adobe's Senior Digital Imaging Evangelist) to share some of her techniques for getting the creative juices flowing again over at Love that Shot today. Thought you might find it interesting as well: http://lovethatshot.com/blog/?p=10810
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #246673 by effron
Nope. I had none to begin with..........:P
Good read, and that woman knows her way around Lightroom........

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
11 years 8 months ago #246674 by Wildfire
Yes, there have been times where I fall into one of those moods! Those are the days you need to just put the camera down and walk away.

11 years 8 months ago #246686 by Joves
Nope! I am still one of those I try to get it right in the camera crowd. Now I do occasionally manipulate photos which is what she is speaking of in the article. But I do practice pre-processing for my shots so I get what I want in camera so I do not have to do a lot of any post work. I always hated the dark room work, but did it because I never got what I wanted from labs. Granted with digital it is easier but I still do not like it.
Here is an example of my playing around.
Standard blah shot with my old point P&S.

Not really much better but was a great time killer on a snowed in day from work.

11 years 8 months ago #246752 by Freshstart

effron wrote: Nope. I had none to begin with..........:P
Good read, and that woman knows her way around Lightroom........

:agree:

Photo Comments
11 years 8 months ago #246754 by Freshstart

Joves wrote: Nope! I am still one of those I try to get it right in the camera crowd. Now I do occasionally manipulate photos which is what she is speaking of in the article. But I do practice pre-processing for my shots so I get what I want in camera so I do not have to do a lot of any post work. I always hated the dark room work, but did it because I never got what I wanted from labs. Granted with digital it is easier but I still do not like it.
Here is an example of my playing around.
Standard blah shot with my old point P&S.

Not really much better but was a great time killer on a snowed in day from work.

I had to take a 2nd glace. Nice work!

Photo Comments
11 years 8 months ago #246813 by Misti Tracy
I like to think of Photoshop as my playground. It's how I can enhance (not "fix") my photo to be more like what I envision in my mind when capturing the photo.

Here's an example of what I mean. This is a photo I manipulated in Photoshop. It's what I imagined my photo would look like when I saw this wildflower growing out of the ground. The second photo is what I got out of my camera. So yes, I use Photoshop to add a little magic! ;)

Before...

11 years 8 months ago #246856 by Todd Knight

Misti Tracy wrote: I like to think of Photoshop as my playground. It's how I can enhance (not "fix") my photo to be more like what I envision in my mind when capturing the photo.

Here's an example of what I mean. This is a photo I manipulated in Photoshop. It's what I imagined my photo would look like when I saw this wildflower growing out of the ground. The second photo is what I got out of my camera. So yes, I use Photoshop to add a little magic! ;)

Before...

Impressive :judge:

Photo Comments
11 years 8 months ago #247016 by Camera Diva
Beautiful after results. Would you care to share your recipe?

At the beginning of time there was absolutely nothing. And then it exploded! - Terry Pratchett
Photo Comments
11 years 8 months ago #247083 by Adam Nagle
Good post :judge:

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024