What shoes are you wearing on your wedding jobs?

11 years 6 months ago #250699 by Frost Photography
I've been wearing dress shoes but lately have been getting pains in the heal of my feet. When I get home and put on my sneakers the pain goes away. Sneakers and dress slacks don't work to well together, or look good together I should say.

Do you say screw it to how you look and just wear the comfortable shoes or are you dealing with what ever comfort you get from dress shoes?

"The quickest way to make money at photography is to sell your camera."
Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #250701 by Solstar
I use almost dress-casual shoes that have thicker soles and better padding, and often two pairs of socks! Try looking into Rockports if you can get (or afford) them.

11 years 6 months ago #250704 by Frost Photography
Hey thanks for the tip, I'm going to look up those Rockports :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #250705 by blinden
Rockports are great! I have a couple pair in different colors and they are my go to shoe for events.

--
Bryan Linden
[email protected]
www.FinestraArt.com
www.facebook.com/FinestraArt

www.lindenphoto.net
[img]images/stories/finestraart_signature.jpg

11 years 6 months ago #250715 by rmeyer7
Spending the money to get comfortable shoes is an investment you'll be glad you made. Rockports are good, but try others to make sure you get what feels best for you. My current comfortable dress shoes are a different brand, because I tried them alongside a pair of Rockports and they felt better.

There are also other companies that specialize in comfortable work shoes. Sometimes they make shoes that have the look of a dress shoe, but the comfort and support intended for someone who's going to be on their feet working all day. One company I know of is called Shoes for Crews, they make some nice looking and comfy options.

11 years 6 months ago #250723 by Frost Photography
I'm going to pick up a pair tomorrow when I go to the mall. Thanks again!

Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #250730 by damast56
confort is my main priority when shooting a wedding, but also I dont want people focusing on my confortable but ugly shoes instead of the bride, there is such a wide range of shoes out there that there is not need to look "unfashionable"... good luck with your shopping ;)

11 years 6 months ago #250734 by garyrhook
Another vote for Rockports here. Not that much more expensive than a decent pair of sneakers, but outstanding longevity and comfort. If you like them, that is. I took my first pair on a business trip and wore them non-stop to walk all over Edinburgh during my off hours, and my feet never got tired.

Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #250745 by Alex
Although I don't shoot weddings I think the most comfortable shoes are Cole Haan.

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #250762 by Darrell
I dress, professional casual. I think photographers have enough challenges without sore feet and uncomfortable clothing.

You will not be judged as a photographer by the pictures you take, but by the pictures you show.
11 years 6 months ago #250764 by mj~shutterbugg
I tend to favor comfort only footwear. I own two pairs of high heels and rarely if ever wear them. I love Born shoes. Very comfy and semi- dressy.

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

11 years 6 months ago #250883 by Vahrenkamp
You can't go wrong with Rockports :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #250914 by Stealthy Ninja
Blundstone workboots:

or if i feel like being "formal" Dr. Martin boots:

Don't wear dress shoes. I like the support of boots.
11 years 6 months ago #250949 by Monster
Doc Martins are the most comfortable boots out there :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #251002 by ShadowWalker
I have always worn comfortable black sneakers, if I'm standing I want to be comfortable. Plus I have knees that bother me, so I need to take care of my legs.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024