Does B&H or Adorma offer miltary discount?

11 years 6 months ago #250869 by Raymond II
Who offers an active duty military discount?

Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #250964 by holdenmonty
I haven't heard of any company offering a military discount unless you go to the physical store and show them your military id. Also I have noticed that most places even some chain stores that offer military discount around military bases that if I'm home and ask about a military discount most of the time they don't know of any military discount.

On the other hand I did find one online store I can't remember what one right off hand that would give you a military discount but you had to upload a photo of your military ID card and I remember about a year or so ago my security manager sent out an e-mail from the higher ups saying that you aren't allowed to photo copy or give a photo copy of your military id to anybody other than for official government things or for medical facilities

I love landscape photography because it captures the beauty of God's creation
11 years 6 months ago #250981 by john_m
As said, I havent found any camera shops that offer a military discount (just retired from the AF).

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

11 years 6 months ago #252173 by HelenOster

Raymond II wrote: Who offers an active duty military discount?

My apologies for taking so long to respond; but now I have an answer!

We don't have an official scheme - but I think it's a great idea and I hope one we'll take forward! However, in the interim if you call Danny at Adorama Camera at ext 2121 in Federal sales he will see what he can do depending on the item.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer
[email protected]

Helen Oster
[email protected]

11 years 6 months ago #252248 by Rawley Photos

HelenOster wrote:

We don't have an official scheme - but I think it's a great idea and I hope one we'll take forward! However, in the interim if you call Danny at Adorama Camera at ext 2121 in Federal sales he will see what he can do depending on the item.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer
[email protected]

I'm surprised, thought you would have it B)

Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #252345 by Travel Nut
I'll be happy to get any discount codes from either Adorama or B&H :please:

11 years 6 months ago #252595 by HelenOster

Travel Nut wrote: I'll be happy to get any discount codes from either Adorama or B&H :please:

How to answer?!

We believe that overall Adorama prices are already among the most competitive [alongside reliability and trustworthiness........] however, we will always do our best to price match to any equally reliable retailer - you only need drop me an email with a link to both our item and our competitor's: [email protected]

Saying that, if you would prefer to search for coupon codes, these sites may help you!

retailmenot.com
techbargains.com
fatwallet.com
dealcatcher.com
dealnews.com
coupons.answers.com
goodsearch.com
savings.com
couponchief.com
ebates.com
couponcabin.com
dealspl.us
couponcraze.com
ultimatecoupons.com
adorama.bluepromocode.com
dealsea.com
bradsdeals.com
couponmountain.com
mrrebates.com
shop.upromise.com

Customer loyalty is very important to us, however, this is not easy to quantify for customers who order via the website.
I would recommend that you consider placing your future orders directly with one of our friendly representatives, who would then be in a position to review your purchasing history and see whether any price adjustments might be a possibility.

If you are seeking a special deal there are several other ways you can do this:

'Follow us' on Twitter
'Like' us on Facebook
Take a look at our regular 'Specials' here: www.adorama.com/searchsite/default.aspx?...y=1000075&numrecs=50

Helen Oster
[email protected]

11 years 6 months ago #252707 by ThatNikonGuy
Are there any coupon codes you can share? I don't like visiting these odd ball claim to have coupon sites. You never know what rubbish is getting installed on your computer from visiting these sites.

Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #252770 by HelenOster

ThatNikonGuy wrote: Are there any coupon codes you can share? I don't like visiting these odd ball claim to have coupon sites. You never know what rubbish is getting installed on your computer from visiting these sites.

Unlike many retailers who inflate their prices artificially so that they can then offer coupon codes to convince customers they are getting a 'deal', we, as I said, do our best to keep all of our prices competitive, all of the time.

The results of a recent customer survey were overwhelmingly that our customers prefer us to keep all of our prices competitively low - and that they love our policy that we will always try to match to any other equally reputable retailer.

The ONLY ways to get special deals directly from us is, as I noted above, 'Follow us' on Twitter
'Like' us on Facebook.

For example, if you were following me on Twitter you would get the following message later today:

AdoramaPix Boom! Flash Sale! Save 25% off entire store (prepaids/gc excluded) Code: PXSAVE25. Ends tonight.

Take a look at our regular 'Specials' here: www.adorama.com/searchsite/default.aspx?...y=1000075&numrecs=50

That being said, for example techbargains.com is one of our affiliates, and any coupon codes offered by them are certainly legit; mrrebates.com is also 100% safe.

Helen Oster
[email protected]

5 years 3 months ago #622752 by Scott Klubeck

HelenOster wrote:

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer
[email protected]

Hi Helen,

Did you guys ever do anything with this? 

Photo Comments
5 years 3 months ago #622755 by HelenOster
We did!

Email me: [email protected] so I can put you in touch with the right people.

Helen Oster
[email protected]

5 years 3 months ago #623049 by CaptNemo
Is it published on the site anywhere? 

Photo Comments
5 years 2 months ago #623098 by HelenOster

CaptNemo wrote: Is it published on the site anywhere? 

Yes.

www.adorama.com/help/DepartmentsAndServices

Helen Oster
[email protected]

5 years 2 months ago #625046 by Chuck Liley
Didn't know that.  Will forward to couple photographers that I know who have served.  

Is this for active duty currently or open to veterans?  

Photo Comments
5 years 2 months ago #625092 by HelenOster

Chuck Liley wrote: Didn't know that.  Will forward to couple photographers that I know who have served.  

Is this for active duty currently or open to veterans?  

Please contact the Department at the link above to check - they are completely separate from me, so I don't know how they operate at all.

Helen Oster
[email protected]

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024