Cheap Things I've Done Due To My Budget TUPPERWARE FLASH

11 years 6 months ago #256107 by BrandyMaeD
I haven't had a lot of money to spend on accessories and have done some pretty silly things to get good photos.

After reading this on a photo blog, I put tupperware on my flash to use to bounce the light and diffuse... Lol it actually worked.

I quite commonly borrow lighting from my dad's auto shop to take to my shoots. You know the lights on the yellow and black poles that are made for mechanics? THEY WORK just as good as photography lighting, and they only cost him $25 each to begin with.

The next thing I'm going to try involves taping a bunch of speel lights together in a circle...

If you haven't been able to afforf regular equipment yet, is there anything crazy and out there you have done to make it work? I'd love to know. I kind of feel like I am the only crazy one out there with tupperware on their camera.

11 years 6 months ago #256202 by Joves
No I have used tupperware and even plastic milk cartons. Which for the second one work as a cheap Expodisc.

11 years 6 months ago #256227 by Sawyer
Really, I'll need to try this :thumbsup:

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon 35L | Sigma 85 1.4 | Helios 44M-6 58mm(M42) | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 (C/Y) | Canon 135L | (2) 430EX II
Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #256268 by MYoung
Rubbermaid flash diffuser? :rofl: I'm going to have to try that! I have a diffuser but want to see what you talking about!

Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #256345 by Justin

MYoung wrote: Rubbermaid flash diffuser? :rofl: I'm going to have to try that! I have a diffuser but want to see what you talking about!

Make that two of us

Very nice to meet you!
Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #256649 by Connie K Photos
I've used and it does work, there are some instructions that show how to glue your Tupperware lid to the container, cut a hole in the top to slide over your flash, works great.

Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #256652 by Joves

Connie K Photos wrote: I've used and it does work, there are some instructions that show how to glue your Tupperware lid to the container, cut a hole in the top to slide over your flash, works great.

:agree:
People under estimate ghetto setups. Granted I would not show up to shoot a wedding with a bowl on my flash, but it does work quite well, and you have a variety of colors to choose from.

11 years 6 months ago #256749 by Stanly
So true, well really what it is, is that people have a certain image they want to display. Going out with as you said a bowl on your flash might paint the wrong picture, so people fail to explore the possibilities. I know I'm guilty of that!

Nikon Z6 | Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II
Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #257220 by No Show

Stanly wrote: So true, well really what it is, is that people have a certain image they want to display. Going out with as you said a bowl on your flash might paint the wrong picture, so people fail to explore the possibilities. I know I'm guilty of that!

Fun rainy day project :watching:

D300| Nikkor 24-70mm 2.8 | Nikkor 70-200mm VR 2.8 | Nikkor 50mm 1.8 | Nikon 2x Teleconverter | Sigma 105mm 2.8 | Tokina 12-24
Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #257870 by Solstar
Yeah I've done stuff. I recently hacked apart an old tripod and retrofitted into a monopod I used for video. I also cut slots into my diffusers so I can slide color filters in.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024