My photos have color shifts in different browsers, how can this be fixed?

11 years 4 months ago #260931 by John Ledder
I've noticed that my photos have a slightly different color depending on what browser I'm using. Internet Explorer has a horrible orange hue to the photos almost as if the saturation was cranked up, while Firefox looks closest to original, however Chrome looks like some of the life was pulled from the photos.

What is the cause of this and is there any way to correct?

Family, Fishing, Fotography :)
Photo Comments
11 years 4 months ago #260961 by HawaiiGuy
How are you saving your photos? Try saving images in sRGB.

11 years 4 months ago #260981 by studiotoffa
None of the browsers employ any colour management, so how they display colour varies. But to get the most consistent result, try saving your images as sRGB as HawaiiGuy suggested. Also, the browser that is mot consistent to what you see is Firefox. Also, have you calibrated your monitor? If you don't use a calibrated monitor, how will you know that YOUR colours is correct. So, first calibrate your, save your uploaded JPEG as sRGB and see if you see changes.

Please visit me at Studio Toffa Photography www.studio-toffa.com
img\def

11 years 4 months ago #260988 by effron

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
11 years 4 months ago #261048 by Joves
As was said you should be using a calibrated monitor. I bet if you looked on a different computer that they would look totally different. Or you can even print one with your printer and see how they turn out, that may show you that your monitor is not up to snuff. If you are doing this as a business then you should have a calibrator in your tool box, it is a must have.

11 years 4 months ago #261128 by One Creative Girl
Have any of you used that spyder monitor calibration tool?

Photo Comments
11 years 4 months ago #261138 by studiotoffa
I have not used Spyder, but I've used both Huey Pro and Color Munki Display. Of the two, I would recommend Color Munki, and Spyder and Color Munki is at the same range, but if your budget allows it, get the Color Munki Display.

Please visit me at Studio Toffa Photography www.studio-toffa.com
img\def

11 years 4 months ago #261201 by effron

One Creative Girl wrote: Have any of you used that spyder monitor calibration tool?

I'm using the spyder 3. Its fairly easy. You can get close without a calibrator for web display, but if you plan on printing its absolutely vital..... ;)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024