Does Adorama or B&H offer financing?

6 years 1 month ago #571389 by Ben Vanderbilt

garyrhook wrote: Just for fun, I looked up the FlexShopper terms, then the price of a Nikon D750 + 24-120 f/4 lens + hotshoe-mounted mic. $2700.

FlexShopper Lease to Own: only $107 per week.

OMG that's $5564 over the one year lease term. Or an APR of roughly 106%.

Lesson: if you can't afford to pay for it now, you can't afford it.

:agree:   such good advice.  "Lesson: if you can't afford to pay for it now, you can't afford it"

I'm always amazed how people go out and get so excited about a new camera or lens, while having something that already works well for that.  And they decide to put it on a credit card, and they don't pay it off each month.  Before you know it, they are 12+ months into financing this new camera and interest has inflated the purchase price!  

Photo Comments
6 years 1 month ago #571493 by Otto F
Yep, save your money.  The plus side, if you have to save for a little bit, what you wanted might be on sale or reduced in price when you have the $$. 

Bonus!  

Photo Comments
6 years 1 month ago #571562 by Ian Stone
And that is what we call a sliver lining!

Photo Comments
6 years 1 month ago #572013 by digitalpimp
Save your $$.  If you don't have the $$ at that time, avoid charging or financing till you are financially able to pay it off in the same month.  This is how people get their-self's in trouble.  

Photo Comments
6 years 1 month ago #572119 by garyrhook

digitalpimp wrote: Save your $$.  If you don't have the $$ at that time, avoid charging or financing till you are financially able to pay it off in the same month.  This is how people get their-self's in trouble.  

I always love these sorts of comments.

How do you know the OP doesn't have the money? Does it occur to you (or anyone else) that perhaps they're looking for financing options that fit their style? Or perhaps a no-interest deal? How does one assume that using credit automatically leads to trouble?

Hint: it doesn't. What does lead to trouble is misusing credit. And there's no data here that leads to that assessment.

Photo Comments
6 years 1 month ago #572122 by effron
Yup, and this is an over five year old thread. OP could have saved a lot by now....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
6 years 1 month ago #572414 by bones1
Effron, Thats funny!Better yet , he might have taken up a hobby that's actually affordable, like world travel, or yachting, or something or other:)

Photo Comments
6 years 1 month ago #572769 by Nathan D
Still, I don't finance anything if I don't need too.  Just my personal preference.    

Photo Comments
5 years 4 months ago #617499 by Matt-Bialach
Yes, they both offer financing with very lenient approval conditions.   

I would stay away from FlexShopper.  They have the absolute worst customer service I’ve ever experienced.  Further, your agents are unprofessional and disrespectful, they lack product knowledge, skill, accountability, and urgency.  I will never do business with FlexShopper again and I’ll be sure I spread the word to others to keep their distance.

Attachments:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024