"The camera sees both ways" - Rick Sammon

Ian Leslie Harry
www.ilhphotography.com

12 years 10 months ago #93345 by Prago
We need some photography jokes :beerbang:

SWM into chainsaws and hockey masks seeks like-minded SWF. No weirdos, please
Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #93373 by chasrich
What did the Shutter say to the Aperture?

WHAT THE F ARE YOU DOING NOW! JUST STOP IT!

Sorry... I don't know any photography jokes so I made one up.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
The following user(s) said Thank You: laloggia
12 years 10 months ago #93447 by Nikonjan
The eyes have it!

I never made a person look bad. They do that themselves. The portrait is your mirror. It’s you.

- August Sander

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan
12 years 10 months ago #93497 by mj~shutterbugg

chasrich wrote: "What me worry?" Alfred E. Newman often published in Mad magazine.

MJ I love the ones you posted. Mind if I use a few for my profile... too bad kiddo. I'm using them anyway! :thumbsup:

Steal away Charles!

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

12 years 10 months ago #93505 by effron
Having and camera makes you no more a photographer than having a hammer and some nails makes you a carpenter. - Claude Adams

Prago wrote: We need some photography jokes :beerbang:

OK
If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event........
what kind of film would you use?

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #131218 by Karl Wertanen

ilh2009ky wrote: "The camera sees both ways" - Rick Sammon

Good one! :judge:
12 years 7 months ago #131220 by McBeth Photography
Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter. -
Ansel Adams ;)

It is what it is.
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #131222 by shutterinfear

"Owning a nikon doesn't make you a photographer, it makes oyu a nikon owner"- Unknown

And here's my two cents:
When a person with a camera takes a pictures, they take a picture.
When I photographer takes one they feel it in their soul.

Attachments:
12 years 7 months ago #131226 by McBeth Photography
Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop. -

Ansel Adams

It is what it is.
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #131589 by Henry Peach
Lot's of good ones posted. Here are some of my favorites.

"It is rather amusing, this tendency of the wise to regard a print which has been locally manipulated as irrational photography – this tendency which finds an esthetic tone of expression in the word faked. A "manipulated" print may be not a photograph. The personal intervention between the action of the light and the print itself may be a blemish on the purity of photography. But, whether this intervention consists merely of marking, shading and tinting in a direct print, or of stippling, painting and scratching on the negative, or of using glycerine, brush and mop on a print, faking has set in, and the results must always depend upon the photographer, upon his personality, his technical ability and his feeling. But long before this stage of conscious manipulation has been begun, faking has already set in. In the very beginning, when the operator controls and regulates his time of exposure, when in dark-room the developer is mixed for detail, breadth, flatness or contrast, faking has been resorted to. In fact, every photograph is a fake from start to finish, a purely impersonal, unmanipulated photograph being practically impossible. When all is said, it still remains entirely a matter of degree and ability." - Edward Steichen

"Let me here call attention to one of the most universally popular mistakes that have to do with photography - that of classing supposedly excellent work as professional, and using the term amateur to convey the idea of immature productions and to excuse atrociously poor photographs. As a matter of fact nearly all the greatest work is being, and has always been done, by those who are following photography for the love of it, and not merely for financial reasons. As the name implies, an amateur is one who works for love; and viewed in this light the incorrectness of the popular classification is readily apparent." - Alfred Stieglitz

"A lot of photographers think that if they buy a better camera they'll be able to take better photographs. A better camera won't do a thing for you if you don't have anything in your head or in your heart." - Arnold Newman

"The mystery isn't in the technique, it's in each of us." - Harry Callahan

"I photograph to find out what something will look like photographed." - Garry Winogrand

"Camera and eye are together a time machine with which the mind and human being can do the same kind of violence to time and space as dreams." - Minor White

"Somebody let the rabble in." - Lewis Carroll, dedicated collodion process photographer upon the introduction of film.

"It has been the fashion to think too much of the tools and too little of the use made of them." -H.P. Robinson

"The camera for an artist is just another tool. It is no more mechanical than a violin if you analyze it. Beyond the rudiments, it is up to the artist to create art, not the camera." -Brett Weston

"For anyone out there who might cling to the notion that using a computer to accomplish serious photography represents nothing more than a simple, quick, or perhaps even ham-fisted undertaking, I encourage you to actually give the process a try. Achieving and subsequently maintaining mastery over the expressive nuances of a relentlessly evolving set of tools and materials­ while negotiating a learning curve that is both steep and ongoing due to the incessant forward march of technology­ this is definitely not an effortless nor care-free approach to photography. It's no secret that those photographers who have chosen to make the transition to digital tools have done so primarily because of the extraordinary aesthetic potential inherent to the medium. You can rest assured they did not make that transition because it was either undemanding, or expedient." -Huntington Witherill
12 years 7 months ago #131605 by Dori

chasrich wrote: What did the Shutter say to the Aperture?

WHAT THE F ARE YOU DOING NOW! JUST STOP IT!

Sorry... I don't know any photography jokes so I made one up.

:rofl: :rofl:

How does Santa Claus take pictures?
With his North Polearoid. :whistle:

A fellow bought a Labrador puppy from the pet store and named him Kodak.
That way he could say he owned a Kodak lab.

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024