NAPP discounts for B&H, Adorama and Apple?

10 years 3 months ago #328281 by Studio Queen
Anyone know how much discounts you get for B&H, Adorama and Apple when you have a NAPP membership? I see these companies and a few more listed on their discount page. I'm not a member but might if the discounts are high enough. How does that work? I have some new glass that I'm after (B&H and Adorama) and I would like to get a new iMac (Apple).

Photo Comments
10 years 3 months ago #328337 by Andrew AG
News to me, I looked on the their site and didn't see any mention of exact %'s.

Photo Comments
10 years 3 months ago #328441 by effron
Free shipping is the only discount I'm aware of.....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
10 years 3 months ago #328493 by Jim Photo

effron wrote: Free shipping is the only discount I'm aware of.....

Doesn't B&H already offer free shipping on certain orders?

Photo Comments
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #328655 by effron

Jim Photo wrote:

effron wrote: Free shipping is the only discount I'm aware of.....

Doesn't B&H already offer free shipping on certain orders?

Yup....So does Adorama.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
10 years 3 months ago #328727 by Scott Klubeck
Free shipping as the discount?  And that is used as selling tool for people signing up there?   That seems a bit off beat to me.

Photo Comments
10 years 3 months ago #329031 by Ruby Grace
Yes that is hardly a discount :dry:

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 17-40mmL, 24-105mmL, 100-400mmL, 300mm f/4L IS, Sigma 12-24mm, 430EX, Extension tubes
Photo Comments
10 years 3 months ago #329197 by effron
Free shipping is a benefit, not a discount on photo gear. Where did anyone see B&H or Adorama offering "discounts" on gear? They don't nor have they ever offered those just for NAPP membership.. They are both already pretty competitive in pricing, and in a class of their own when you consider customer service...:S

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
10 years 3 months ago #329505 by 909Randy

effron wrote: Free shipping is a benefit, not a discount on photo gear. Where did anyone see B&H or Adorama offering "discounts" on gear? They don't nor have they ever offered those just for NAPP membership.. They are both already pretty competitive in pricing, and in a class of their own when you consider customer service...:S

Exactly, I don't think I have ever seen either offering any discounts other than normal camera or lens rebates.  Both offer free shipping, I do think it's a little misleading to have it listed on NAPP's site as discount if that is all you are getting.  

10 years 3 months ago #329619 by Baydream
The free shipping is subsidized by the manufacturers according to a rep at B&H. I ordered several items that included a couple of free shipping orders and they included the other items. Our club has a link on our web site and if used to get to B&H, the club gets a 2% "commission".

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
10 years 3 months ago #329903 by Moe
Free shipping is a good deal to me!  Shipping can add up

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024