Things photographers do for the shot

10 years 1 month ago #352071 by EOS_Fan
Just saw this on Yahoo

"An Israeli plainclothes policeman points his weapon towards photographers as his colleagues arrest a Palestinian in Jerusalem,
Friday, Feb. 28, 2014. Clashes broke out between Israeli security forces
and Palestinians after the Friday's prayer. (AP Photo/Mahmoud Illean)"

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #352149 by Trisha.M
Dangerous situation, I wouldn't want to be there

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #352261 by Joves
Yeah that happens in some parts of the world. I bet getting shots in the Crimea right now is just as fun. 

10 years 1 month ago #352337 by garyrhook

Joves wrote: I bet getting shots in the Crimea right now is just as fun. 

I don't know where the Crimea is, but I prefer getting my shots in the arm or the butt. 

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #352929 by boriqua latina
when i have a gun pointed at me im about to start running . forget the shot , im out !

10 years 1 month ago #353097 by Karen Comella

boriqua latina wrote: when i have a gun pointed at me im about to start running . forget the shot , im out !

:agree:   I'm with you

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #353219 by StephanieW
I've seen video footage of these journalists in these dangerous situations and it's pretty nuts. I have the same gut instinct so I know where they are coming from, but it is absolutely crazy. I've never been in a situation where a gun was pointed at me, but I've been in protests and nearly been trampled while getting shots. A gun would be way more intense, but I wouldn't really know if my "get in there and capture it" instinct would change much until actually confronted with the situation I suppose. I can lose myself in these things.

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #353263 by Stealthy Ninja
Who remembers this guy?

You can't see this video anymore, but it's a live fire exercise and the guy was taking photos.

Anyway, here's some more:

10 years 1 month ago #353357 by Miss Polly
OMG that photo with the bear chasing after the photographers for some reason I find comical.  The expressions on their faces look not 100% serious, but mischievous.   Good photos, which meant, while others were running, one photographer was still snapping away! 

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #353663 by Stealthy Ninja
No doubt some are fake. ;)

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024