What was your very first camera you owned?

10 years 1 month ago #352843 by Sue Bidwell
We are cleaning up some boxes here and I found my first camera from the early 80's.  A Polaroid Sun 600 LMS!  :lol:   I completely forgot I even still had this camera.  My husband took it today, to see if he could find some film for it.  Do you remember what your first camera was? 

Do you still own it?

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #352849 by effron
I still have a Brownie from the (fifties), a birthday gift. It takes 120 film me thinks. I haven't used it in well over fifty years. My first SLR was a Nikkormat FTN, from the early seventies. I still have it and it still works just great. The lenses I bought then mostly still work with my modern D800.....Take THAT Cannonites!!!!.....:silly:

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #352921 by Shadowfixer1
My very first camera was purchased with cereal box tops. I also had some 126's and a Polaroid Swinger. If you are talking first real camera, then that would be a Pentax MX with a 50 mm 2.0 lens. That was a nice combo.
10 years 1 month ago #352985 by DSRay
My first camera was a Brownie that I won in a shoe store drawing.  I entered when my Mom bought my summer PF Flyers.

10 years 1 month ago #352989 by Joves
My first was one of my grandfathers 120 cameras he gave me for my ninth birthday. It was not a P&S type either, you had to adjust the f-stop for exposures. And no I do not still have it. 

10 years 1 month ago #353185 by orion
My first camera was a Pentax K1000 a and still have it :)

10 years 1 month ago #353207 by StephanieW
An old 110 kodak camera. Looked like a brick. Was as tough as a brick. I first got my own (a hot pink one) when I was 5 and I dropped it a lot and it kept on ticking.

10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #353265 by Stealthy Ninja
I bought a Canon point and shoot (film) camera in the late 1990s
After that I got a Canon G2 in 2002
First DSLR was a Canon 40D (which I got some time in 2008)

Before 2008 I wasn't really into photography, then in 2007 I thought I might want to try it out because I tried my friends 400D and I liked the way you could play with the image (DOF) and such.  I remember not even knowing what ISO meant and asking a photographer friend (who never told me for some reason).  
10 years 1 month ago #353325 by Studio Queen
It was a small Canon, and honestly I can't recall the model

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #354441 by jkenney57
A Canon AE1.  It was a birthday present to myself.  It still works and when I feel blocked photographically, I dust it off and shoot a couple rolls of film.  

10 years 1 month ago #354531 by Luca
LOL  a Polaroid 

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #354557 by Shadowfixer1

orion wrote: My first camera was a Pentax K1000 a and still have it :)

That's the camera a lot of people started out with. My MX was just a fancier and smaller version. It had a row of lights for metering instead of a match needle. It is a fine piece of machinery.
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #354683 by Joves

Shadowfixer1 wrote:

orion wrote: My first camera was a Pentax K1000 a and still have it :)

That's the camera a lot of people started out with. My MX was just a fancier and smaller version. It had a row of lights for metering instead of a match needle. It is a fine piece of machinery.

:rofl:
Yeah I loved the MX. Mine was the first brand spanking new camera I ever owned. I also liked the idea that the battery was only there for the meter, so if it went out no big deal, that was why I had a light meter.

10 years 1 month ago #354837 by Cathy Kadolph
All I can remember is that it was a 35mm scratched up hand-me-down from my father  

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once you grow up." Pablo Picasso
Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #354947 by KZAM
It was a Nikon F Photomic with a 50mm lens 

I don't need no stink'in Signature! ha ha ha
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024