Sweet sixteen photos

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #375525 by Leilanee
Good lord, I wish my sweet 16 was like a wedding.
Here's what I did when I turned 16:

Nice pics!  I'd be scared to take on the task of doing photos that are immediately seen by my client (mine certainly aren't all winners), but it looks like you managed nicely with what you had.
I like the one on the staircase (a lot)... and the group shot of the birthday girl and her... sweet 16 party (like a wedding party, but for a sweet 16?).  Good job :)

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #375536 by KCook

butterflygirl921 wrote:

NickSano wrote: Well, regardless who took the photos, it's hard to dislike such a cheery face like that.  I would have adjusted the white balance to be cooler on the inside shots, but that's all minor.  

By cooler do you mean whiter or less? 
Thank you :D

Linkys touching on color temperature and white balance -

www.photographytalk.com/forum/photograph...te-balance-technique

www.photographytalk.com/photography-arti...etting-white-balance

digital-photography-school.com/introduction-to-white-balance/

www.school-of-digital-photography.com/20...w-to-set-custom.html

www.digital-photo-secrets.com/tip/tag/white-balance/

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

9 years 11 months ago #375580 by butterflygirl921

Leilanee wrote: Good lord, I wish my sweet 16 was like a wedding.

Nice pics!  I'd be scared to take on the task of doing photos that are immediately seen by my client (mine certainly aren't all winners), but it looks like you managed nicely with what you had.
I like the one on the staircase (a lot)... and the group shot of the birthday girl and her... sweet 16 party (like a wedding party, but for a sweet 16?).  Good job :)

I know my sweet sixteen was a heres dinner be lucky you have a home lol and the other photographer wanted to eliminate the waterfall but i was like hmmm i can do something with it :P nd it is scary i was so nervous by messing up a picture and it going up i almost put a pic up of her sneezing until i caught it lol that would of been a disaster 

9 years 11 months ago #375584 by Scotty

Leilanee wrote: Good lord, I wish my sweet 16 was like a wedding.

Never again.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #375585 by garyrhook

butterflygirl921 wrote: We were both hired the only difference was mine had to be perfect to go on the dj screens he had time to edit them theres this new thing called zaps that dj's are offering for sweet sixteens.  The other guy would block my way for the formals the family wanted for the screens and then change the pose and i would have to like stomp my foot to get his attention lol. (i didn't literally stomp my foot)

So that puts a different spin on things. I didn't get that from your OP.

So, next time, make it clear to the customer that you need to communicate with the other photographer before the event to discuss your working relationship. No, insist on it.

The other guy sounds like a ****head. Without having the customer make a point to other guy, the only other choice is to pull him aside, clarify that you were hired to do a job, and that it would be best for the customer for the 2 of you to work together to get the job done. So please stop treating you like an annoyance. (Big smile here.) Or some such.

And don't work with him again, if you have a choice.

Photo Comments
9 years 11 months ago #375587 by garyrhook

butterflygirl921 wrote:

NickSano wrote: Well, regardless who took the photos, it's hard to dislike such a cheery face like that.  I would have adjusted the white balance to be cooler on the inside shots, but that's all minor.  

By cooler do you mean whiter or less? 
Thank you :D

You can compensate for the yellow-ness of indoor lighting by moving your color temperature to a lower value. If you don't know the values of "daylight", "cloudy", etc, experiment to get something that is more pleasant.

Photo Comments
9 years 11 months ago #375596 by butterflygirl921
Sorry about not being clear on that we finally did get a system down where he took a photo then i did but sometimes he wouldnt do that and the results were both of our photos where blown out by each others flash.  Thank you guys for the temp hints :D 

9 years 11 months ago #375616 by Alan Nunez
This is tough when there is more than one hire photographers that are not working together. Same kinds of issues can happen with video guys. I try really hard to make sure that I talk to them and come up with a good understanding before we start. Alot harder in my younger days! Today I know how to deal with it and I will not let anyone get in the way of me getting good images if I am being paid as I have a responsibility to the client.

9 years 11 months ago #375685 by Karen Comella
Adorable :thumbsup:  

Photo Comments
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #377148 by Simon Says
That is beautiful! Excellent Shot!!!

9 years 10 months ago #377328 by Happy Hour
Oh these are lovely shots.  I can remember mine and it hardly looked as elegant as these. 

Photo Comments
9 years 10 months ago #377486 by butterflygirl921
Thank you all and i know it felt more like a wedding 

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024