LaCie 3TB d2 USB 3.0 Thunderbolt Series Hard Drive for photo back up

9 years 11 months ago #376361 by Robert Hardy
I'm surfing around on Apples website and looking at this 3TB external hard drive from LacCie.  Anyone have this and have any feedback?   store.apple.com/us/product/HB313ZM/A/lac...-hard-drive?fnode=5f

I need something I can set up to automatically back up my photo folders.  

Photo Comments
9 years 11 months ago #376373 by Jennifer Krueger
Mac has their own backup software that should work really good with that.  I would call up Lacie, I'm sure they can give more details on that. 

Photo Comments
9 years 11 months ago #376394 by effron
Fifty reviews right on that link......;)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
9 years 11 months ago #376404 by Fiona
It's hard to go off of reviews on certain sites.  Like Amazon, many of those reviews I hear are from friends of the company.  I would rather hear from people I trust. 

9 years 11 months ago #376430 by ShutterPal
Don't have, but looking at the specs and reviews, it's a good back up solution.  

Photo Comments
9 years 11 months ago #376445 by garyrhook

Fiona wrote: It's hard to go off of reviews on certain sites.  Like Amazon, many of those reviews I hear are from friends of the company.  I would rather hear from people I trust. 

Um, where did you get that impression? You "heard" that? Is your source less impeachable than Amazon?

There are plenty of negative reviews on Amazon, which I find useful in gauging a product. And some make sense, some do not. But "friends" wouldn't write bad reviews. Amazon isn't immune to fraudulent reviews, but I think most of those are associated with merchants (partners).

Photo Comments
9 years 11 months ago #376500 by ArtWagner
This reminds me of one of the evil drones from Despicable Me movie.  lol

Photo Comments
9 years 11 months ago #376538 by Fishtaco
Don't know about this one, but I have one of their orange ones and it's a good back up solution

Photo Comments
9 years 10 months ago #377376 by Alan Nunez
This look good for back up. I have Firewire LaCie drives and Western Digital drives. I use single drives like this for my Time machine backups but for storage and working space I only use dual drives that I can use RAID configuration. 

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024