DJI Inspire or Phantom?

8 years 9 months ago #445982 by Jerrid
I know the Inspire is their pricier model, does it make sense to just buy that one vs starting off with the Phantom and then upgrading later?

Also if I do get the Phantom, they have 3 series. What's the difference with these?

Photo Comments
8 years 9 months ago #446033 by Orlando Bohland
From what I know, Inspire is more advanced.   I would buy a used Phantom and get the bruises out of the way with that one  ;)

Photo Comments
8 years 9 months ago #446055 by garyrhook

Jerrid wrote: I know the Inspire is their pricier model, does it make sense to just buy that one vs starting off with the Phantom and then upgrading later?

Also if I do get the Phantom, they have 3 series. What's the difference with these?

[/size]I'm sure it's just me, but the term "upgrade" implies being able to modify something one already has. In this case, one does not upgrade one's drone, one buys a whole new one. There's no "upgrading" here (just like one does not "upgrade" a camera... one buys new equipment). Yeah, I'm being pedantic.

The question is, really, which one will meet your current and perceived future needs? It would stink to buy one and then quickly realize that you should have purchased the other.

Photo Comments
8 years 9 months ago #446114 by Luca
4k is pretty awesome if you ask me :beerbang:

Photo Comments
8 years 9 months ago #446185 by Happy-pixel
@Scotty:

How flexible are those 4k files from that?  Meaning: how quickly are you able to view and work with those files after uploading?  I've been told some of the quadcopters have proprietary video software that doesn't play well with popular video editing tools.  

Photo Comments
8 years 9 months ago #446213 by Scotty

Happy-pixel wrote: @Scotty:

How flexible are those 4k files from that?  Meaning: how quickly are you able to view and work with those files after uploading?  I've been told some of the quadcopters have proprietary video software that doesn't play well with popular video editing tools.  

They're .mov files.  Load into premiere and everything else fine.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
8 years 9 months ago #446232 by ThatNikonGuy
Are those files big enough to watch on TV?

Photo Comments
8 years 9 months ago #446322 by Ryan Obryan
The 4k yes, well depends on how big your screen is.  You should have no problem viewing on my screen sizes. 

Photo Comments
8 years 9 months ago #446365 by Colorado Mike
Love the Inspire retractable gear :drool:   I've been working on a deal on Ebay

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024