Buying camera gear on Overstock?

8 years 9 months ago #447838 by Hoss
Any of you have bought camera gear on Overstock.com?  I've seen some deals and wondering if there are any 'good to knows'? 

Photo Comments
8 years 8 months ago #447881 by effron
Gray market? Return policy? Saving a few bucks isn't always the best deal. I checked that site out a few years ago and saw no bargains. Maybe they've gotten competitive....:unsure:

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
8 years 8 months ago #447940 by Brenda Dantzig
The stuff on Overstock comes from Grey market?!

Photo Comments
8 years 8 months ago #448013 by icepics
How do you know if it is or not? or where an item comes from?

Seems to have started out selling overstock merchandise but the last I looked it seemed like anyone could list an item to sell, similar to ebay. Didn't spend enough time on the site to know for sure, never bought anything.

Sharon
Photo Comments
8 years 8 months ago #448014 by icepics
How do you know if it is or not? or where an item comes from?

Seems to have started out selling overstock merchandise but the last I looked it seemed like anyone could list an item to sell, similar to ebay. Didn't spend enough time on the site to know for sure, never bought anything.

Sharon
Photo Comments
8 years 8 months ago #448072 by Sawyer
Now are stores supposed to let you know if something is from greymarket and with out US warranty? 

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon 35L | Sigma 85 1.4 | Helios 44M-6 58mm(M42) | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 (C/Y) | Canon 135L | (2) 430EX II
Photo Comments
8 years 8 months ago #448111 by garyrhook

Sawyer wrote: Now are stores supposed to let you know if something is from greymarket and with out US warranty? 

Adorama is very up-front about this. The warranteed verions are (generally?) US-only.

www.adorama.com/l/Lenses/Nikon~SLR-Lenses

Photo Comments
8 years 8 months ago #448150 by Adrian Footman
There are some that are known for selling grey market stuff as normal.  Beach Photo  is one of them I have heard some horror stories about.  

Photo Comments
8 years 8 months ago #448211 by Monti Leehsu
Just make sure it's not refurbished! 

Photo Comments
8 years 8 months ago #448340 by Stanly
All my experiences with Overstock have been good.  Now full disclosure, I have not bought camera gear from there.  However I have bought TV's and BluRay machines.   I like their service too.  Quick shipping.  

Nikon Z6 | Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II
Photo Comments
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #448590 by Chris Briggs
I would, they have some good deals.  Just need to verify warranty.  

Photo Comments
8 years 8 months ago #449443 by Glen Mosley
I use Overstock all the time, good company IMO

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024