Drone no fly zones??

8 years 4 months ago #463010 by ShadowWalker
I was just told by someone who claimed to be a part official that the park I was in, was part of a "No fly zone".  I thought just airports and heavily populated areas were off access for drone flying?  

Anyone can comment on this please.  Thank you

Photo Comments
8 years 4 months ago #463017 by Vincent
If state park, many are now banning drones after Yellowstone incident last year. 

Nikon D700 | 14-24mm f/2.8G ED | 24-70mm f/2.8G ED | 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II | (2) SB-900
Photo Comments
8 years 4 months ago #463037 by icepics
If the park district has a website there may be guidelines on there. (Did the guy have on a park shirt, or an ID badge, etc.? I would expect so.) Anyway if you can't find out anything you might have to call the park office and ask. Next time you could ask where to find information about the park policies and what is/isn't allowed (if the guy was park staff you maybe could have asked him how to find out park policies).

Sharon
Photo Comments
8 years 4 months ago #463055 by effron
If not now, soon enough. It will only take one incident where game is located, herded, spooked etc, for the purpose of taking of same. I'd expect the kill to be a popular facebook view and the hunt will become political. Gooberment drones (the flying kind) will become more widespread and private drones will have a tough time finding legal places of use....
Swami...

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
8 years 4 months ago #463123 by Number 7
 Very well said. The drone future in my Opinion is very hazy, at least from a legality  stand point  in where you can fly these. 

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baydream
8 years 4 months ago #463174 by Luca

Vincent wrote: If state park, many are now banning drones after Yellowstone incident last year. 

? What are you talking about?

Photo Comments
8 years 4 months ago #463200 by effron

Luca wrote:

Vincent wrote: If state park, many are now banning drones after Yellowstone incident last year. 

Last year a Dutch tourist was flying a drone in Yellowstone and crashed it in a hot spring, me thinks. He was fined three grand or so. A German also crashed one into a lake and was ordered to pay someone restitution,  $1,600 or so. It will all end with a ban....:(

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
8 years 4 months ago #463300 by Vahrenkamp

effron wrote:

Luca wrote:

Last year a Dutch tourist was flying a drone in Yellowstone and crashed it in a hot spring, me thinks. He was fined three grand or so. A German also crashed one into a lake and was ordered to pay someone restitution,  $1,600 or so. It will all end with a ban....:(

Doubtful, however heavily laws and more restrictions on the manufactures on flight ceilings and also more safety built into these.   

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024