Would you completely dump your DSLR for mirrorless?

8 years 2 weeks ago #477466 by Doug Taylor
Not trying to start a flame war.  Just reading a lot of press lately on mirrorless and noticing more questions.  So curious if other photographers are dumping their mirrorless or picking up as second bodies?  

Photo Comments
8 years 2 weeks ago #477467 by effron
Nope....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
8 years 2 weeks ago #477482 by Screamin Scott
I'm not either. I have both & both have their strengths & weaknesses. They are simply tools in my chest to use to their strengths...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
8 years 2 weeks ago #477484 by Miss Polly
Sorry not as a complete replacement.  I'll have one for a second body any day of the week though! 

Photo Comments
8 years 2 weeks ago #477487 by One Wish
Tempting, if my current camera stopped working yes.  Assuming I could get get fair amount for my old lenses.  

Photo Comments
8 years 2 weeks ago #477496 by Shadowfixer1
I did. I bought one for travel and haven't been out shooting with my Nikon since and that was a year and a half ago.
8 years 2 weeks ago #477506 by Tim Dordeck
Have one, and would buy another one.  My Sony is a killer camera.  I use it on my trips when I don't feel like lugging around my big camera and hefty lenses.  When space isn't an issue, IMO there is no substitute for my main DSLR.  

Photo Comments
8 years 2 weeks ago #477534 by Matt VanDyke
Why aren't mirrorless cameras seen as a professional tool by some?  

Photo Comments
8 years 2 weeks ago #477535 by KCook
I am transitioning.  Slowly.  Cannot afford to dump all of my DSLR lenses.  So I have both types for now.  But am already using the mirrorless more than the DSLR.

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

8 years 2 weeks ago #477548 by KevinLJ
No thanks, I love my Nikon D800 and would not change it for anything. I have worked with Nikon cameras that feel pretty much the same in my hands since the F4.

I have met many people who take our workshops who love their mirror-less cameras, but I do not think I would be comfortable to shoot with such a small bodied camera all day.

8 years 2 weeks ago #477563 by Tony Imaging
Eh, why not.  IF all the glass I had now magically appeared for the mirrorless camera.  

Photo Comments
8 years 2 weeks ago #477580 by JaneK
My sentiments as well. Replace my existing lenses and I would have no problem with a complete switch.  

Photo Comments
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #477595 by Little Kate
Do you agree with this video:

Photo Comments
8 years 2 weeks ago #477616 by Joves
If I wanted to use a P&S camera, I would own one. And even if they have the little View Finder, they are still P&S cameras.

8 years 2 weeks ago #477623 by Mayo
Not really

Canon 5D - Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 | Canon 70-200 f/4L
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024