What has been your proudest moment as a photographer?

7 years 10 months ago #481961 by Alex
One of the questions that I always ask during our Success Interviews is "What has been your proudest moment as a photographer?"

I get so many very interesting and inspiring answers.  Ranging from being published in a magazine or online, winning an award, to a heart felt story of photographing a wedding where a terminally ill father was able to attend to see his daughter wed before he passed.

We've heard so many.  However today is all about YOUR proudest moment.  

So... , you have your camera in your hand?  

Your proper thinking cap on?  

What has been your proudest moment as a photographer?  

Post your answer below!  

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
7 years 10 months ago #481962 by Alex
What the heck, I might as well get this one going.  

As you all might know.  I started this company with the single purpose to help as many people become better photographers and help connect them to those that can inspire them.  

So it's no surprise, ever time one of you send us a quick message of how much we have helped you, or you found inspiration from something found on PT... I have to say, this is a big soft spot for me.  I feel so proud of having such an amazing team behind PT, to make all this happen.  And of course I'm so proud of all the wonderful members who take part in the community.  

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
7 years 10 months ago #481967 by Ian Stone
My neighbor who spent 40 years as a wedding photographer and 17 years as a photo journalist, this past February complimented me on one of my recent photos I had taken for a client.  Coming from this guy, meant a lot to me and I have to say, to date, was my proudest moment.  

Photo Comments
7 years 10 months ago #481972 by KENT MELTON
When I bought my first brand new camera!

Photo Comments
7 years 10 months ago #481976 by Denise Lattimer
My proudest moment was when I delivered the images from my first wedding shoot. I was a complete nervous wreck, but when the clients viewed their photos and got misty eyed and complimented me on the work, I was so incredibly proud! Looking back on it, the images weren't all that spectacular, but that just shows how far I've come :)

Photo Comments
7 years 10 months ago #481980 by Orlando Bohland
Sold my first image as a print for $375 and got a engagement client from the buyers brother 13 days later.  

:)

Photo Comments
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #481985 by effron
Years ago I was a stand in for a wedding photographer that was arrested just a couple hours prior to the event. Dropped in my lap, but when I delivered the first package a week later, the bride's family (father) paid me more than three times what we agreed on, and hooked me up with many additional jobs. That also led to a contact that had ins with a couple concert promoters in the area,  and I photographed many big name acts of the day. I was making money in a field I never planned on, and for a few years it was a good ride.......

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 10 months ago #481989 by Amy Porter
Such an easy answer for me.  It was the day I decided that my income from photography was enough for me to quite my day job.  

Photo Comments
7 years 10 months ago #481991 by Screamin Scott
I'd have to say when National Geographic online website accepted one of my images as a "Your Pic" "Daily Dozen". Didn't make the next months print issue, but it was still an honor.

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
7 years 10 months ago #481992 by Don Fischer
Has to be the photo I entered in the Shutter Bug's, Picture This column.  it was the Jan 2002 issue and I think it was the first reader submitter photo.

7 years 10 months ago #481997 by Soccer Mom
+1 selling first print for more than $500 

Canon 7D, 18-55mm, 55-250mm, 70-200mm L f/2.8, 100mm and 17-55mm f/2.8
Photo Comments
7 years 10 months ago #482004 by Ruby Grace
When my daughter said, "mommy I want to be just like you, you take such pretty photos of me".  It was a 'awww' moment that just made laugh and cry at the same time.  She's 6 and just was so adorable.  Lucky for me, my best critique.  

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 17-40mmL, 24-105mmL, 100-400mmL, 300mm f/4L IS, Sigma 12-24mm, 430EX, Extension tubes
Photo Comments
7 years 10 months ago #482027 by Vahrenkamp
Tough one to answer.  It seems appropriate to say my first paid job.  However I'll go onto saying the first non paid job I did for a charity a number of years ago.  Mainly because I felt blessed to help out a family in need that otherwise would not have had the money to buy family photos.  To this day we keep in contact and every Christmas, his wife treats my family to an incredibly tasty fruit cake.   

Photo Comments
7 years 10 months ago #482085 by Sarah Ramirez
The day I said goodbye to waitressing and hello to full-time photography!

Photo Comments
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #482102 by KCook
I suppose my proudest moment was hardly planed.  A friend was getting married.  Come the time for the start of the ceremony and the "pro" photographer was an unannounced no-show!  So I stepped in.

Most exciting is shooting spectacular scenery.  That counts more for me than pride.  Is there a 12 step program for this?

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024