I haven't shot in forever but here's a new shot. Edisons Lab.

7 years 11 months ago #482465 by Mike Ayrouth
That's the  bummer part of historic places like this.  Always roped off, and I'm guessing no tripods allowed?  

Although you did a great job capturing his workshop.  I bet this room would be a blast to photograph if you could move beyond the rope and have tripod.  

Getting BETTER one photo at a time!
Photo Comments
7 years 11 months ago #482498 by Fess Walker
Like we were there.   Great job

Photo Comments
7 years 11 months ago #482523 by Scotty

Fess Walker wrote: Like we were there.   Great job

you were

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
7 years 11 months ago #482527 by Garbo
Where's Teslas desk?  lol 

Very good click :beerbang:

Nikon D300: 24-70 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 VR |Sigma 150 2.8 | 50 1.4 | SB-800
Photo Comments
7 years 11 months ago #482528 by Scotty

Garbo wrote: Where's Teslas desk?  lol 

Very good click :beerbang:

It was in the back room being copied and made worse.

Photo Comments
7 years 11 months ago #482543 by CaptNemo
This is a very strong photo

1. leading lines from the ceiling
2. incredible sharpness and detail from front to rear
3. interesting subject matter
4. colors feel 'real'
5. I'm rather fond of the lighting

Photo Comments
7 years 11 months ago #482552 by Glen Mosley
If Edison was around, I think he would hire you after seeing this shot!  

Photo Comments
7 years 11 months ago #482575 by Scotty

Glen Mosley wrote: If Edison was around, I think he would hire you after seeing this shot!  

I'm a huge Telsa guy so we might butt heads.

@CaptNemo. Thank you for the compliment. The lighting was inspired by the game bioshock infinite.  Just wanted an exaggerated feel of waking up at sunrise with the light filling the old room.

Photo Comments
7 years 11 months ago #482647 by Overread
Incredible!

Photo Comments
7 years 11 months ago #482669 by Hassner
Also on my phone, so l lack the detal. Just see that you still have to level your shot. 

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
7 years 11 months ago #482711 by Scotty

Hassner wrote: Also on my phone, so l lack the detal. Just see that you still have to level your shot. 

Seems straight to me. *shrugs*

Photo Comments
7 years 11 months ago #482738 by Shadowfixer1
It's rotated about .25 degrees clockwise. More of an optical illusion than actually not being level.
7 years 11 months ago #482767 by Scotty

Shadowfixer1 wrote: It's rotated about .25 degrees clockwise. More of an optical illusion than actually not being level.

Correct.  14mm on full frame does weird things.

Photo Comments
7 years 11 months ago #482800 by ShutterPal
Straight for me.  I'm actually surprised you were able to get such a sharp image with this lighting while hand holding.  

Photo Comments
7 years 11 months ago #482801 by Scotty

ShutterPal wrote: Straight for me.  I'm actually surprised you were able to get such a sharp image with this lighting while hand holding.  

Even a broke clock is right twice a day. :kmonst:   Luck on my side.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024