What are your worst habits when shooting?

7 years 8 months ago #490181 by Sandy Smith Photos
1.  Not checking the camera settings from day before
2.  bringing to much gear with me on vacation 

Photo Comments
7 years 8 months ago #490195 by Shadowfixer1
Driving by something thinking that would make a great shot but never stopping to actually make the shot. The times I have stopped or turned around and did, it paid off with nice images. Why, oh why do I do that?
7 years 8 months ago #490205 by effron
Being in a hurry...and I'm never sure why.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 8 months ago #490277 by Silver Fox
Mine comes in post.  I'll sometimes have a shot that looks great, but then I double guess my work over and over again in post.  Leading me to spend much more time post processing something that doesn't need the work.  

Photo Comments
7 years 8 months ago #490361 by Hawkins
Not setting time aside to shoot regularly 

Photo Comments
7 years 8 months ago #490372 by Conner
Not cleaning my sensor, and then having to spend extra time in post

Photo Comments
7 years 8 months ago #490379 by astrodave

Silver Fox wrote: Mine comes in post.  I'll sometimes have a shot that looks great, but then I double guess my work over and over again in post.  Leading me to spend much more time post processing something that doesn't need the work.  

A friend of mine that was a glass worker had a saying: The more you work it the better it does not get.

I try to remember it but too often go that last little bit too far.

Photo Comments
7 years 8 months ago #490383 by J Photo Man
Not checking settings from the day/night before

Photo Comments
7 years 8 months ago #490397 by KCook

astrodave wrote:

Silver Fox wrote: Mine comes in post.  I'll sometimes have a shot that looks great, but then I double guess my work over and over again in post.  Leading me to spend much more time post processing something that doesn't need the work.  

A friend of mine that was a glass worker had a saying: The more you work it the better it does not get.

I try to remember it but too often go that last little bit too far.

As long as it's RAW, you can easily undo.  Not true for glass!!!

Onerubtoomany

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

7 years 8 months ago #490414 by Hassner

Shadowfixer1 wrote: Driving by something thinking that would make a great shot but never stopping to actually make the shot. The times I have stopped or turned around and did, it paid off with nice images. Why, oh why do I do that?

You are not alone in this. Stopping pays off 95% of the time for me.

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
7 years 8 months ago #490468 by phaller
My worst habit is giving in to my husband when I want to pull over to take a photo and he wants to keep making "good time on the road." I guess I need to put my foot down and make him do it!

Photo Comments
7 years 8 months ago #490602 by Remy Hedrick
I often snap before I really think about what end results I'm after.  I've been working on trying to slow down and think of what I want for end results. 

Photo Comments
7 years 8 months ago #490670 by Sarah Ramirez
Mine has nothing at all to do with the actual process of shooting...I pop bubbles. I don't know why or when it started, but I just snap away and pop away. Most clients don't seem to mind, but I even annoy myself sometimes with it. I just can't stop!

Photo Comments
7 years 8 months ago #490692 by Amanda Davis
Setting aside the time I really should to take photos!  

Photo Comments
7 years 8 months ago #490701 by tobythephotoguy
I know others have already said it, but hesitating and missing the moment.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024