There is nothing left to photograph

7 years 7 months ago #495751 by Farestad
This was actually said to me today.  I chuckled at the guy and asked him how so.  He went on to tell me of his creative rut that he was in.  And it seemed that he squeezed all he could get out of his creative side.  Wanting to figure out how to establish his creative eye so he could see more shots.  

I had no answer for this guy.  I'd like to share this scenario and see how you would have answered him?

EF 50mm f/1.4
EF 35mm f/1.4L USM
EF 100mm f/2
EF 70-200mm f/4
EF 18-55mm
EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #495803 by effron
I wouldn't have bothered, we are all surrounded by downers and I have no time for them.....I'd have probably said, "Yeah, whatever".

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #495804 by DacrimL
Sounds to me like he has already put up his own road blocks.......not my duty to tear down his constructions if he is blinded by negativity.

7 years 7 months ago #495808 by Crazyguy
+1  Some people you just can't help

An Irishman is not drunk as long as he can hold on to one blade of grass to keep from falling off the world.
Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #495825 by phaller
Boy he must be having a real bad time creatively. It's just nonsense that there's nothing left to photograph. I think he needs to get out more!

Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #495828 by msmith55
I think what he meant to say was "I'm too lazy to find new things to photograph."

Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #495850 by NickSano
:huh:

Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #495877 by bojojo
Saying that your friend is beyond help seems a little harsh - I think any artist, amateur or otherwise, has experienced a creative block at one point or another. Maybe you could share some work with him that you find inspiring, or suggest a location he could visit for some choice shots.

Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #495898 by Neillien
The idea that there's nothing left to photograph is ridiculous - challenging your friend to look at things with a more open mind might be a great way to pull them out of their rut.

Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #495967 by rogdel
I can't comprehend how some people think this way...this world is so beautiful and there is constantly something new to see.

Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #496000 by effron
The OP never said the poor guy was his friend, which would make a difference to me....:whistle:

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #496004 by Sarah Ramirez

rogdel wrote: I can't comprehend how some people think this way...this world is so beautiful and there is constantly something new to see.

I'm totally with you. I've hit some rough patches and hated everything I photographed, but I've never once thought I'd exhausted all my options. Poor guy!

Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #496056 by Scott Klubeck
LOL yeah nothing else to photograph.  :huh:   Give up your camera to me.  

Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #496060 by PhotoViking
Everything has already been photographed - but not by everybody in every variety....

Creative block, times where I don't like anything I do - I think we all know it!
Try photographing a raindrop inside out......... :woohoo:

Festina lente!
Photo Comments
7 years 7 months ago #496087 by Screamin Scott
He evidently doesn't shoot macro... Never a lack of subjects...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024