Have you tried this for landing photography jobs?

7 years 6 months ago #497663 by MYoung
I've been searching and searching for new ways to make money with my camera and to find new jobs.  A friend musician recommended this site called gigmaster.com.  Seems like a interesting concept, have any PHOTOGRAPHERS tried this out?  

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #497669 by Ian Stone
Can't say I've even heard of this one.  Looks more for bands.  

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #498386 by EOS Man
Seems like they have an outlet for landing event jobs.  Membership to join.  Good idea if you can get jobs from it.  

5D Mark II | 50mm f/1.4 EX | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 70-200mm f/2.8L | 430EX
Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #498453 by Little Kate
Nope, first time seeing that there was something like this.  So these guys act has a head hunter for you?

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #498470 by icepics
Seems like anytime I start looking at these sites I end up finding stuff that sounds iffy at best.

Look at their User Agreement, it sounds like users agree to allow the site to use any of their posted material (music, photos, etc.).

Apparently there are booking fees, and it sounds like if you (the photographer or musician) doesn't pay the 5% fee that the client would have to pay it.

If you sign up for a paid membership and then cancel, it sounds like you'd still get billed each month until the end of the initial sign up period. You probably better look at the Privacy Policy too; it sounds like your phone could end up being billed for their marketing calls, etc.

I think it seems to be getting easy enough these days for somebody to do a website that looks good but the service might not be so great. You probably need to read the 'fine print' and be sure of what you're getting into.

Sharon
Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #498473 by Wyrick Photography
Not available in my area :(  

Canon 5d Mark II • Canon 24-105mm F/4.0 • Canon 135mm F/2.0 • Canon 50mm F/1.8 • Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 • Canon 580ex ii
Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #498510 by EOS_Fan
How are others finding out about this website?  If I'm spending $$ for membership, I would want to know they have plenty of traffic finding out about it.  Cool idea though.  Kind of like a 'Lending Tree' for photographers! 

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #498554 by Sue Bidwell
Nope, but this company is better known in the music industry.  I have a friend who used this service.  You know what, it was a service like this.  Can't be sure if it was this one.  He hired a violinist to come over for their anniversary and surprise his wife.   He was happy with the service, just don't know if it was this one.  

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #498624 by One Wish
Can't say I have.  Interesting.  Just watched the video about the company.  Interesting.  

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #498646 by Jeffster
So you are bidding on jobs?  How many photographers are you competing against is what I would like to know.  

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #500446 by MYoung
Thanks for all the comments, very helpful

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024