Ken Rockwell a self proclaimed know it all?

7 years 6 months ago #500299 by Zach Mosher
I have been reading the Ken Rockwell site on and off for years and take it in at moderation.  I want to like the site, however like a liver pate, I can take a few bites and then I'm over it, or can't take any more.   

Geez, and I remember when I first got in, someone had spoken so highly about this site.  "Go check out the Ken Rockwell site for camera reviews".  Is it me or does this guy just rub you the wrong way?  

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #500316 by Otto F
Ken Rockwell should run for president

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #500317 by effron
We all know about Rockwell....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #500318 by Otto F
:rofl:

OK, don't him so just messing around.  

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #500352 by Uplander
Eh, some dig him others just can't stand him.  

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #500358 by Vahrenkamp
Never got into his blog much so can't comment on him

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #500426 by KENT MELTON
Ken Rockwell's website was one of my fav's when I was just starting out and needed insight on a particular camera.  Well for the first few months rather.  

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #500452 by Screamin Scott
I check out his site among many others. He's just a bit different than most, although many other sites are "Know it all" as well. You just have to know enough about what you are researching to be ble to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #500453 by Joslyn
Know it all is one way of looking at him.  :rofl:

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #500474 by Colorado Mike
Ken Rockwell?  Don't know him.  

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #500584 by CatherineW
If you can over look his opinion, he does have some good information on his site from time to time.  

***Remember 9/11***
Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #500622 by Chris Briggs
So Nikon sponsors this guy? Must be nice.  

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #500720 by Hoss
LOL

KEN Rockwell is Dangerous to Photography

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #500721 by Hoss
Another good one

lol 

Ken Rockwell says “pros only shoot in Pro mode, that’s why it’s called Pro mode

Photo Comments
7 years 6 months ago #500806 by Kenya See
Nice fro :rofl:

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024