Camera L Bracket functionality question?

4 years 2 months ago #508021 by TCooper
Arca universal camera L bracket vs let's say one from Really Right Stuff that is made specific for a camera body.  Going with the Arca, will there be any functionality lose compared to picking up the RRS one? 

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #508036 by effron
As long as the ports can be accessed using either will be good. I use a nice Sunwayfoto for my D800, less cash and just perfect fit. My D7100 has a Desmond on it, but the side remote access is a problem. I haven't spent the big cash for a dedicated unit because I'd still have to shoot in vertical orientation at times and the corded remote is simply in a lousy place.
My "L" brackets remain on the bodies at all times.... 

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

4 years 2 months ago #508048 by CanonKid
Have you looked at the one from Pro Media Gear?  Much better price than RRS.

I've been looking at getting one myself.  

Canon 7D, 15-85mm, 18-55mm, 70-200mm, 100mm Macro, Sigma 120-300mm, Speedlite 430EX II

A bad day at the race track is better than a good day in the office

Photo Comments

4 years 2 months ago #508062 by ilh2009ky
I've have two RRS L-brackets that I have used for many years and I love them.  I use one on my Canon T4i and the other on my Canon XSi.  I leave them attached at all times.  If you decide on the RSS unit, be sure to get the spacer/adapter for shooting in the vertical position.  It eliminates problems with the remote control cord; and it fits on both of my L-plates.

Ian Leslie Harry
www.ilhphotography.com

4 years 2 months ago #508085 by Todd Phillips
The promedia brackets are nice, but if you see them next to the RRS, there is no comparison.  Buy the RRS if you want my 2 cents.

4 years 2 months ago #508140 by Fess Walker
+1 RRS, it just feels better and more secure

Photo Comments

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Sony ZV-1 review, learn all about its specs, features, build and handling, video performance, price, and more.

Feb 24, 2021

The Ricoh GR III is a little-known compact camera that might be just the ticket for you if you want a small, portable, and easy-to-use camera.

Feb 19, 2021

The Sony a7S III is a video-first full frame camera with a hefty price tag. Is it worth the price of admission? Get all the details in this Sony a7S III review.

Feb 18, 2021

In this Nikon Z7 II review learn how this new camera is similar to the original Z7 and how it makes improvements upon the original.

Feb 16, 2021

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

In this Sony ZV-1 review, learn all about its specs, features, build and handling, video performance, price, and more.

Feb 24, 2021

If you want to try your hand at abstract photography, use these abstract photography ideas for a source of inspiration and creativity.

Feb 24, 2021

Which monitor panel types should you invest in? In this monitor buying guide, learn a few tips for getting the best monitor for photo editing.

Feb 23, 2021

Marketing for photography businesses can take up a ton of time, so you want to do it right and do so without taking up your entire day. Use these beginner marketing tips to help point you in the right direction.

Feb 23, 2021

If a photography tripod is too cumbersome for you, you can learn how to stabilize a camera with any number of tripod substitutes.

Feb 22, 2021

Use this real estate photography gear list to learn about some of the most critical pieces of kit you need to take the highest-quality real estate photos.

Feb 22, 2021

If you aren't sure how to get feedback from clients, check out these simple solutions for your photography business.

Feb 19, 2021

The Ricoh GR III is a little-known compact camera that might be just the ticket for you if you want a small, portable, and easy-to-use camera.

Feb 19, 2021