Fujifilm X-A3 vs Olympus PEN E-PL8

6 years 9 months ago #534252 by Martin
If you were going to buy one of these cameras, which would you get the Fujifilm X-A3 or the Olympus PEN E-P?

I'm on the fence and looking for a nudge in either direction.  

Thanks in advance PT!  

Martin

Photo Comments
6 years 9 months ago #534270 by KCook
In my view the big strength for Fuji is their prime lenses. If there are a couple of these that you covet, then go Fuji! Otherwise, Olympus offers more options, a lot more.

Kelly Cook

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

6 years 9 months ago #534302 by Zeberk
For me, I'd go with the Fujifilm.  A friend of mine has the X100 or something like that and the camera is amazing.  I was surprised. 

Photo Comments
6 years 9 months ago #534404 by Peter Nunez
+1 on the FujiFilm

Photo Comments
6 years 9 months ago #534556 by garyrhook
The Fuji comes in pink. Get the Fuji.

Seriously, though. The PEN is a micro four-thirds mirrorless system, which opens the door to many lenses, and an adapter can be had for Fuji X-mount lenses. So it seems that you're not really limited.

That said, go to a store and hold them. Consider alternatives. The camera you want is the one you don't want to put down.

Photo Comments
6 years 9 months ago #534606 by Joslyn
I'd go with the Fuji myself

Photo Comments
6 years 9 months ago #534639 by Richard K Photography
Well, I'll go with the FujiFilm, not an Olympus fan.  Had a bad experience a few years back.  

Photo Comments
6 years 9 months ago #534668 by effron

KCook wrote: In my view the big strength for Fuji is their prime lenses. If there are a couple of these that you covet, then go Fuji! Otherwise, Olympus offers more options, a lot more.

Kelly Cook

Bingo...

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
6 years 9 months ago #534943 by Alex
Have you considered the Sony a6300 or a6500?  I have the a6300 for the days I want something small and compact.  With the a6500 out for some time, you can find some good deals on the a6300.  

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #534946 by Shadowfixer1
You could get the Fuji XT-1 and 35 f-2.0 lens for 800 at B&H. Adorama probably has the same deal. That's a bargain.
6 years 8 months ago #535136 by Walter Tidwell
Speaking of these two brands, who was founded first?

Photo Comments
6 years 8 months ago #535161 by Shadowfixer1
Olympus - 1919 several name changes since 1919 before changing to Olympus
Fuji Photo Film Co. - 1934

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024