Photographer Arrested Taking Pictures Of Cheerleaders

2 years 3 months ago #535331 by Connie K Photos
As a parent this is very concerning.  As a photographer this is saddening that there are sicko's out there like this.  His own daughter was one of the cheerleaders.

www.local8now.com/content/news/Man-arres...tion--419189134.html

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago #535341 by Moe
yeah, that guy is mentally not all there. 

Photo Comments

2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #535342 by garyrhook
"Suspicious"? What does that even mean? How can an observer have any clue what body part a photographer is aiming at? Was he doing something more than taking photos?

Additionally, the guy was an idiot for allowing the officers to look at the images without a warrant. He dug his own grave.

I would have no qualms whatsoever standing and taking many photos of cheerleaders, trying to get the right shot, if that was my goal. Does that make me a bad person? Does it make me lascivious? I photograph dancers wearing less clothing. Repeatedly. Have for years.

That said...

The article is (typically) poorly written with very little information. It's not wrong, just bad reporting.

Postscript: the world is full of horrible people. How is that a surprise? And that has nothing to do with cheerleaders or football games. It just is.

Photo Comments

2 years 3 months ago #535357 by CaptNemo
Well my creepy radar is going off.  However as Gary mentioned, you can be taking photos of these cheerleaders and do so in a way that isn't offensive.  I think this guy stepped over the line a bit. 

Photo Comments

2 years 3 months ago #535358 by rosh4u
Yes, the guy has stepped over the line which is not something accepted. Mentallyy absent person.

2 years 3 months ago #535395 by effron
The surprise is so few people have any idea the number of pervs among us all. My wife is a elementary teacher, required now to check ALL people associated with her students, the sickos are everywhere, and not just taking pics of little cheerleaders....

Why so serious?
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments

2 years 3 months ago #535512 by Joves

garyrhook wrote: "Suspicious"? What does that even mean? How can an observer have any clue what body part a photographer is aiming at? Was he doing something more than taking photos?

Additionally, the guy was an idiot for allowing the officers to look at the images without a warrant. He dug his own grave.

I would have no qualms whatsoever standing and taking many photos of cheerleaders, trying to get the right shot, if that was my goal. Does that make me a bad person? Does it make me lascivious? I photograph dancers wearing less clothing. Repeatedly. Have for years.

That said...

The article is (typically) poorly written with very little information. It's not wrong, just bad reporting.

Postscript: the world is full of horrible people. How is that a surprise? And that has nothing to do with cheerleaders or football games. It just is.

:agree:
Suspicious means it was a male shooting photos of scantily clad young females. Had it been a female there would have been zero suspicion. I would have shot it as well, and most likely been suspicious for doing so.
I am so tired of the rampant paranoia in this society. If these people do not want someone perving all over their daughters then they should get the events restricted as far as who is allowed. Aside from that there is not much they can do about it, except for ejecting any offnder, or supposed one. This is not even a criminal act, it is just plain stupidity all around IMO.
While I know this will not be popular in the PC crowd, it is that persons right to shoot at an event they paid to attend. I know that the Constitution, and rights are not popular when it does not fit some peoples sensibilities, or actually over sensitivities. As long as this guy only shoots photos it is not illegal. I weep at the future of this nation that people are so willing to criminalize every last aspect of life.

2 years 3 months ago #535543 by Sawyer
True, but there is a ethical line that you just don't cross.  They guy did. 

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon 35L | Sigma 85 1.4 | Helios 44M-6 58mm(M42) | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 (C/Y) | Canon 135L | (2) 430EX II
Photo Comments

2 years 3 months ago #535575 by effron

Sawyer wrote: True, but there is a ethical line that you just don't cross.  They guy did. 

Yup, and only media and Hollyweird can cross that line.....

Why so serious?
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments

2 years 3 months ago #535624 by George F
There are some strange people out there!  

Photo Comments

2 years 3 months ago #535639 by srubio77
Such a shame that there are photographers out there that abuse their privileges and make a bad name for the rest of us

Photo Comments

2 years 3 months ago #535640 by Kenya See
What a weirdo.  

Photo Comments

2 years 3 months ago #536132 by rogdel
Ugh, sickos like this make me so angry...

Photo Comments

2 years 3 months ago #536970 by Stic

Connie K Photos wrote: As a parent this is very concerning.  As a photographer this is saddening that there are sicko's out there like this.  His own daughter was one of the cheerleaders.

www.local8now.com/content/news/Man-arres...tion--419189134.html

Actually, it does NOT say he was a father of one of the cheerleaders at all, he was simply there taking photos.

Photo Comments

2 years 3 months ago #537211 by icepics
Here's a later follow up; authorities where he lives got warrants and searched his home. He lives out of state, not where the event was held. Didn't see anything about what happened since.

The article that goes along with this TV news story says that officers who had looked at his camera found photos of several girls competing in that event "including shots focused on the girls' genital areas".

www.wlwt.com/article/springboro-man-accu...-competition/9274301

The first news story was probably not long after the incident happened and may have just reported what was first known. Neither story says what he had been doing that seemed suspicious but he must have been behaving in an odd way that prompted someone to call.

Sharon
Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Sony RX10 IV review, learn about the specs and features that make this one of the best, most well-equipped bridge cameras on the market today.

Nov 12, 2019

In this Nikon D3500 review, learn all about this camera's features, specs, and capabilities, as well as details about compatible lenses, the camera's pros and cons, and its price.

Nov 06, 2019

In this Panasonic G9 review, we take a look at its essential features, its build quality, compatible lenses, and other crucial details to help you decide if this is the camera for you.

Nov 04, 2019

In this Canon EOS 7D Mark II review, we outline the pros and cons of this camera and identify whether it's still a good buy in 2019.

Oct 25, 2019
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Winter photography can be a challenge for sure. But with these tips for winter photography, you can prepare yourself (and your gear) to get the best shots.

Nov 13, 2019

One of the critical aspects of creating awesome vlogs is having footage that's stabilized. With these methods for how to stabilize a camera, you'll have plenty of options for smooth video.

Nov 13, 2019

Photo by Cristian Grecu on Unsplash A Chinese university student tumbled off of one of China's largest mountains to her in death...

Nov 12, 2019

Photo by Karina on Unsplash Who among us doesn't have the intrinsically human desire to get absolutely smashed, incredibly naked...

Nov 12, 2019

Photo by Tim Bennett on Unsplash In a year of continuously bad news for Facebook, it turns out the iOS Facebook app has been...

Nov 12, 2019

In this Sony RX10 IV review, learn about the specs and features that make this one of the best, most well-equipped bridge cameras on the market today.

Nov 12, 2019

The new Panasonic Lumix S Pro lenses have been announced, and they have some impressive specs. But will they be worth the huge price tags?

Nov 12, 2019

nikon d5100, nikon d5100 review, nikon d5100 specs, nikon d5100 price, nikon d5100 features, used nikon d5100

Nov 12, 2019