Someone will win this 256GB Lexar Professional Memory Card

6 years 6 months ago #545882 by Alex
Hey guys.  This card I had in my D810 as backup.  It was never used, but always was in the camera as secondary card.  So your winning the 'like new' card with no packaging.  My D850 doesn't take CF, so might as well find a new home for this card!

So all you have to do, is reply to this thread with your favorite photographic memory.

This could be story, a photo or anything that made an impact on you.   On Monday, we'll review the answers and the winner will be selected!  Only 1 winner.  Have fun friends!  

Here's the card:

Make: Apple
Model: iPhone 6 Plus
Lens: iPhone 6 Plus back camera 4.15mm f/2.2
ISO: 80
Aperture: f/2.2
Shutter speed: 1/15 sec
Captured: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 12:37pm

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jason William
6 years 6 months ago #545895 by Roman Omell
Easy - the day my father gave me my first camera.  Actually it was a hand me down, but it was all that we could afford.  It was an old 35mm Nikon film camera, it had some wear on it.  A lot of wear.  But it was mine and I got a roll of film for my birthday and I made every shot count! 

Photo Comments
6 years 6 months ago #545900 by [email protected]
I would have to say, in over 50 years of making photos, this would have to be special! I had just got a new ZLR the Olympus E10 at 4MB with a non interchangeable zoom lens, and was learning to use it, when my daughter walked in with "Digger", one our pets, while chomping on some strawberries! And yes, that is how small that hamster was.
Make: OLYMPUS OPTICAL CO.,LTD
Model: E-10
ISO: 80
Aperture: f/2.4
Shutter speed: 1/80 sec
Captured: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 20:20pm

I have a large framed version of it at home!

Attachments:
6 years 6 months ago #545907 by Moe
 Two years ago, I won a three Legged thing tripod from a contest that I entered. Considering I’m a college student at the time that was a big win for me. 

Photo Comments
6 years 6 months ago #545909 by kobucp0
It took me almost four years (Part time) to get this far to take photos only in manual mode and for the first time I can save my images as sooc.......

6 years 6 months ago #545911 by tavo_nikon
Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Model: NIKON D3300
ISO: 400
Aperture: f/7.1
Shutter speed: 1/30 sec
Captured: Sat, 7 Jan 2017 3:39am

this is Alamos, Sonora state in Mexico. the main cathedral. A touristic memory along my family. Getting started on photography with my new nikon.

Attachments:
6 years 6 months ago #545912 by mylivingview
My fave was in Grand Teton NP and came upon a bear having a berry snack. While I didn’t get the lil face, I captured the back side of the bear. It was the most exhilarating feeling as a new photographer!

6 years 6 months ago #545916 by Shadowfixer1
My favorite memory was when I won a 256 GB compact flash card. Just kidding. I don't use compact flash anymore either. Great prize for someone Alex.
6 years 6 months ago #545920 by Aqadir

Attachments:
6 years 6 months ago #545937 by Prago
I'd have to say, the day my daughter was born and the first photograph I took of her.  Believe it or not, that photo was a Polaroid!  

SWM into chainsaws and hockey masks seeks like-minded SWF. No weirdos, please
Photo Comments
6 years 6 months ago #545950 by simpsopl
Best photographic memory is probably all the times my now 7 year old nephew has asked me: "You bring little camera?" the past 3 years, and then watching him walk around taking his own pictures with my Canon G11. I've watched him learn to stand still and not move his hands when he presses the shutter. I've watched his excitement as he looks at his photo on the screen. I've watched him watching me, and then 'copying' what I do when taking a photo. I've watched him study the scene, deciding what he wants to shoot. I've watched his excitement when he sees his galleries that I upload for him. Those are the best photographic memories you can ever imagine.

6 years 6 months ago #545956 by UnikMoments
For his 36th birthday I offered my best friend a photo shoot as a present. After shooting for a while already, I noticed an empty grocery cart and made him hop in. This remains, to this day, one of my favourite shots and makes me laugh every time I see it. Titled “Forever Young”.

Attachment not found

6 years 6 months ago #546005 by Glen Martin
Seeing my wife (my toughest critic) look at one of my photos and tell me it was "have bad".  If you met my wife, you would appreciate how big of deal this was.  She seriously was always a tough critic, who didn't understand all that goes into a photo.  I know this might be basic for many of you, for me however, this was a big turning point in my photography journey.  

Photo Comments
6 years 6 months ago #546049 by [email protected]
My favorite memory was when I first bought my DSLR and brought it on vacation with me. My first pictures along the highway were extremely blurry b/c I did not know how to use the autofocus correctly. Wow what a journey an entire year has been. I have learned so much on how to use it in manual.

6 years 6 months ago #546055 by garyrosen
When I was learning photography, back in 1970, I was shooting b&w film and getting it developed as usual at the local camera store. Then a friend of mine, a science geek, showed me how to develop my own film and pictures. I was hooked on developing then. Developed film, pictures, enlargements all of it. Unfortunately life got in the way, and when I got back into it, digital was the thing. shoot digital now, but try to shoot as if it was film, not too much manipulation on the computer.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024