Someone will win this 256GB Lexar Professional Memory Card

1 year 11 months ago #546090 by The Gardener
Each time I snap off a shot and I know I've captured something amazing


Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: christiedelphia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #546130 by tsmith9449
Looking East about 8:00 am the Sun was peaking through the clouds drawing the Vapors from the Earth preparing for a good shower of rain. Sure enough, it rained about one hour later. Just love the workings of the Lord. Have a nice day and thank you for allowing me to enter this contest.  

Tim Smith


Photo Comments
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #546137 by christiedelphia
For my Story - My Sister adopted a child that we thought was my Brothers . I at the time had a huge round wicker chair with a black insert in my house . I babysat for my new 3 month old niece , slid the chair back so that she couldn't wiggle out of it . I covered her with a fleece blanket that had hearts on it . She looked like a little white Speck in a big black chair - the photo was too cute to pass up . Unfortunately - I don't have the picture. 


Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #546138 by Hamudi
Hello everyone,
Lately I was photographing my 6 years kid on a dance contest, and by mistake I forgot to change my settings and I photographed the judge who was a very nice black man from germany, and for my surprise the photo was way underexposed, and I ended with a silhouette picture of him because in the background was a board of a cloth store because the contest was in a mall!
From this great experience I learned that great pictures need to go beyond a correct exposure and need to show the mood and the moment itself and not only the subject, from that experience when I am photographing I try to think outside the box an try try to explore different ideas that may appear impossible or stupid sometimes :)

Thanks and have fun making pictures


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #546218 by danmayworm
I had been into B&W photography for many years when I was invited to study with Ansel Adams in Yosemite. Working in the darkroom with him was a great learning experience on how to get the most out of a negative. As a result I entered into many international competitions wining many awards. The one that was most successful was my Williamsburg Window that was taken inside an antique shop through a window and exposed per Ansel's mantra of expose for the shadows and develop for the highlights. The resulting contrast took considerable effort to get a decent print, quite different than now when doing it digitally. 
Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Model: NIKON D7200
ISO: 800
Aperture: f/11.0
Shutter speed: 1/100 sec
Captured: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 9:29am


Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #546250 by jeannemor
My fave would have to be in June, 2008, when I took early retirement from a fortune 100 company to persue my  passion of photography full time .  I moved to a new town and started a studio.  Born again!!!! My camera is never away from my side and we have made beautiful music together. My 5DMklll would love to have this memory card.  
Make: Canon
Model: Canon EOS 40D
ISO: 400
Aperture: f/5.6
Shutter speed: 1/800 sec
Captured: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 11:37am


Photo Comments
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #546288 by Alex

UnikMoments wrote: For his 36th birthday I offered my best friend a photo shoot as a present. After shooting for a while already, I noticed an empty grocery cart and made him hop in. This remains, to this day, one of my favourite shots and makes me laugh every time I see it. Titled “Forever Young”.

Attachment not found


This sounds like it must have been a blast to photograph and one of those stories that always comes up with a punch in the gut laugh!  

Thank you for sharing!

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #546289 by Alex

Hamudi wrote: Hello everyone,
Lately I was photographing my 6 years kid on a dance contest, and by mistake I forgot to change my settings and I photographed the judge who was a very nice black man from germany, and for my surprise the photo was way underexposed, and I ended with a silhouette picture of him because in the background was a board of a cloth store because the contest was in a mall!
From this great experience I learned that great pictures need to go beyond a correct exposure and need to show the mood and the moment itself and not only the subject, from that experience when I am photographing I try to think outside the box an try try to explore different ideas that may appear impossible or stupid sometimes :)

Thanks and have fun making pictures



Great silver lining to this story!  Thanks for sharing friend!

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #546290 by Alex

[email protected] wrote: I had been into B&W photography for many years when I was invited to study with Ansel Adams in Yosemite. Working in the darkroom with him was a great learning experience on how to get the most out of a negative. As a result I entered into many international competitions wining many awards. The one that was most successful was my Williamsburg Window that was taken inside an antique shop through a window and exposed per Ansel's mantra of expose for the shadows and develop for the highlights. The resulting contrast took considerable effort to get a decent print, quite different than now when doing it digitally. 

Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Model: NIKON D7200
ISO: 800
Aperture: f/11.0
Shutter speed: 1/100 sec
Captured: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 9:29am


I've always been a fan of B&W's.  As much as it sounds cliche, it has such a classic nostalgic feeling to them.  Well deserved recognition on this shot, it's a winner!  

Thank you for sharing.  

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #546291 by Alex

christiedelphia wrote: For my Story - My Sister adopted a child that we thought was my Brothers . I at the time had a huge round wicker chair with a black insert in my house . I babysat for my new 3 month old niece , slid the chair back so that she couldn't wiggle out of it . I covered her with a fleece blanket that had hearts on it . She looked like a little white Speck in a big black chair - the photo was too cute to pass up . Unfortunately - I don't have the picture. 


Being a fairly new first time dad, I can appreciate this story.  No joke, I have over 12,000 photos on my iPhone of my son in the last 28 months, this doesn't include photos taken with my Nikon or Sony of him either!  

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #546292 by Alex

tsmith9449 wrote: Looking East about 8:00 am the Sun was peaking through the clouds drawing the Vapors from the Earth preparing for a good shower of rain. Sure enough, it rained about one hour later. Just love the workings of the Lord. Have a nice day and thank you for allowing me to enter this contest.  

Tim Smith


Well the sky's blessed you with an amazing photo opportunity Tim.   I miss the afternoon rain from the East coast (not sure where you are at).  Here in California... we very rarely get rain!  So hardly ever clouds!  :(

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #546293 by Alex

jeannemor wrote: My fave would have to be in June, 2008, when I took early retirement from a fortune 100 company to persue my  passion of photography full time .  I moved to a new town and started a studio.  Born again!!!! My camera is never away from my side and we have made beautiful music together. My 5DMklll would love to have this memory card.  

Make: Canon
Model: Canon EOS 40D
ISO: 400
Aperture: f/5.6
Shutter speed: 1/800 sec
Captured: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 11:37am


Hi Jeanne,

What a journey you had!  Love your photo, and story.  Now although there have been some great stories in this thread, some great photos, and just over all great everything.  Your photo, your story and your 5D Mark III will take this prize.  

Congrats!!

Please PM me with your contact information including shipping address.  We'll get that shipped out to you this week.

Thank  you all for joining this contest.  This was fun, stay tuned for another!

Alex

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #546317 by Amy Porter
So cool, congrats on the new card!


Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #546397 by Miss Polly
Good win, congrats!  


Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #546407 by dasb91
I love how photography has done more to me than just snapping still images. Photography has taught me about life. How dreams can become experiences. How a single image can give you so much feeling. Photography isn't about skill, its about seeing the world as you see it, and expressing it through your lens. Photography has taken me so many places, and also let me experience them many times over again. The power of imagery is limitless and I couldn't be happier with having nothing but the clothes on my back, and a camera on my neck.


Photo Comments
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

802.3K

205K

1.62M

  • Facebook

    802,251 / Likes

  • Twitter

    205,000 / Followers

  • Google+

    1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS M200 is coming soon, and if you're interested in upgrading from your phone to a traditional camera, this one might just be for you.

Oct 02, 2019

In this Canon EOS 6D Mark II review, learn about this camera's essential specs, features, and pros and cons so you can determine if it's the right camera for you.

Sep 27, 2019

In this iMovR Lander Lite desk review, learn about the build quality, features, durability, and technology that make it one of the best standing desks on the market today.

Sep 27, 2019

In the Nikon Z7 vs Sony a9 shootout, which camera comes out on top? They're evenly matched with excellent features, but both cameras definitely shine in different areas.

Sep 23, 2019

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Photo by Matt Seymour on Unsplash The body of an FBI forensic photographer was just found in a national park in Nantahala, North...

Oct 15, 2019

Photo by Jared Brashier on Unsplash How would you like to be arrested by a drone? While this isn't possible (yet), some police...

Oct 11, 2019

Photo by Bryan Angelo on Unsplash A shocking report released by Bloomberg found dozens of Amazon workers charged with...

Oct 11, 2019

While the Sony a9 II is not a huge leap forward from the a9, there are some critical updates that make it a better camera, specifically for professionals.

Oct 11, 2019

Photo by Daniil Kuželev on Unsplash The Tokyo police believe a pop star's fan found her by zooming in on a selfie the pop star...

Oct 11, 2019

The Nikon Z50 is set to be announced today, and indications are that it will be an affordable, entry-level option with a price around $850 for the body only.

Oct 10, 2019

If you have a micro four-thirds camera, be sure to consult our list of the top autofocus lenses for micro four-thirds cameras before you commit to buying one.

Oct 09, 2019

Billed as the fastest Nikkor lens ever made, the Nikon Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct is big, beautiful, and will set you back $8,000.

Oct 09, 2019