Someone will win this 256GB Lexar Professional Memory Card

6 years 5 months ago #546090 by The Gardener
Each time I snap off a shot and I know I've captured something amazing

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: christiedelphia
6 years 5 months ago #546130 by tsmith9449
Looking East about 8:00 am the Sun was peaking through the clouds drawing the Vapors from the Earth preparing for a good shower of rain. Sure enough, it rained about one hour later. Just love the workings of the Lord. Have a nice day and thank you for allowing me to enter this contest.  

Tim Smith

Photo Comments
Attachments:
6 years 5 months ago #546137 by christiedelphia
For my Story - My Sister adopted a child that we thought was my Brothers . I at the time had a huge round wicker chair with a black insert in my house . I babysat for my new 3 month old niece , slid the chair back so that she couldn't wiggle out of it . I covered her with a fleece blanket that had hearts on it . She looked like a little white Speck in a big black chair - the photo was too cute to pass up . Unfortunately - I don't have the picture. 

Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #546138 by Hamudi
Hello everyone,
Lately I was photographing my 6 years kid on a dance contest, and by mistake I forgot to change my settings and I photographed the judge who was a very nice black man from germany, and for my surprise the photo was way underexposed, and I ended with a silhouette picture of him because in the background was a board of a cloth store because the contest was in a mall!
From this great experience I learned that great pictures need to go beyond a correct exposure and need to show the mood and the moment itself and not only the subject, from that experience when I am photographing I try to think outside the box an try try to explore different ideas that may appear impossible or stupid sometimes :)

Thanks and have fun making pictures

6 years 5 months ago #546218 by danmayworm
I had been into B&W photography for many years when I was invited to study with Ansel Adams in Yosemite. Working in the darkroom with him was a great learning experience on how to get the most out of a negative. As a result I entered into many international competitions wining many awards. The one that was most successful was my Williamsburg Window that was taken inside an antique shop through a window and exposed per Ansel's mantra of expose for the shadows and develop for the highlights. The resulting contrast took considerable effort to get a decent print, quite different than now when doing it digitally. 
Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Model: NIKON D7200
ISO: 800
Aperture: f/11.0
Shutter speed: 1/100 sec
Captured: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 9:29am

Attachments:
6 years 5 months ago #546250 by jeannemor
My fave would have to be in June, 2008, when I took early retirement from a fortune 100 company to persue my  passion of photography full time .  I moved to a new town and started a studio.  Born again!!!! My camera is never away from my side and we have made beautiful music together. My 5DMklll would love to have this memory card.  
Make: Canon
Model: Canon EOS 40D
ISO: 400
Aperture: f/5.6
Shutter speed: 1/800 sec
Captured: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 11:37am

Photo Comments
Attachments:
6 years 5 months ago #546288 by Alex

UnikMoments wrote: For his 36th birthday I offered my best friend a photo shoot as a present. After shooting for a while already, I noticed an empty grocery cart and made him hop in. This remains, to this day, one of my favourite shots and makes me laugh every time I see it. Titled “Forever Young”.

Attachment not found

This sounds like it must have been a blast to photograph and one of those stories that always comes up with a punch in the gut laugh!  

Thank you for sharing!

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #546289 by Alex

Hamudi wrote: Hello everyone,
Lately I was photographing my 6 years kid on a dance contest, and by mistake I forgot to change my settings and I photographed the judge who was a very nice black man from germany, and for my surprise the photo was way underexposed, and I ended with a silhouette picture of him because in the background was a board of a cloth store because the contest was in a mall!
From this great experience I learned that great pictures need to go beyond a correct exposure and need to show the mood and the moment itself and not only the subject, from that experience when I am photographing I try to think outside the box an try try to explore different ideas that may appear impossible or stupid sometimes :)

Thanks and have fun making pictures

Great silver lining to this story!  Thanks for sharing friend!

Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #546290 by Alex

[email protected] wrote: I had been into B&W photography for many years when I was invited to study with Ansel Adams in Yosemite. Working in the darkroom with him was a great learning experience on how to get the most out of a negative. As a result I entered into many international competitions wining many awards. The one that was most successful was my Williamsburg Window that was taken inside an antique shop through a window and exposed per Ansel's mantra of expose for the shadows and develop for the highlights. The resulting contrast took considerable effort to get a decent print, quite different than now when doing it digitally. 

I've always been a fan of B&W's.  As much as it sounds cliche, it has such a classic nostalgic feeling to them.  Well deserved recognition on this shot, it's a winner!  

Thank you for sharing.  

Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #546291 by Alex

christiedelphia wrote: For my Story - My Sister adopted a child that we thought was my Brothers . I at the time had a huge round wicker chair with a black insert in my house . I babysat for my new 3 month old niece , slid the chair back so that she couldn't wiggle out of it . I covered her with a fleece blanket that had hearts on it . She looked like a little white Speck in a big black chair - the photo was too cute to pass up . Unfortunately - I don't have the picture. 

Being a fairly new first time dad, I can appreciate this story.  No joke, I have over 12,000 photos on my iPhone of my son in the last 28 months, this doesn't include photos taken with my Nikon or Sony of him either!  

Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #546292 by Alex

tsmith9449 wrote: Looking East about 8:00 am the Sun was peaking through the clouds drawing the Vapors from the Earth preparing for a good shower of rain. Sure enough, it rained about one hour later. Just love the workings of the Lord. Have a nice day and thank you for allowing me to enter this contest.  

Tim Smith

Well the sky's blessed you with an amazing photo opportunity Tim.   I miss the afternoon rain from the East coast (not sure where you are at).  Here in California... we very rarely get rain!  So hardly ever clouds!  :(

Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #546293 by Alex

jeannemor wrote: My fave would have to be in June, 2008, when I took early retirement from a fortune 100 company to persue my  passion of photography full time .  I moved to a new town and started a studio.  Born again!!!! My camera is never away from my side and we have made beautiful music together. My 5DMklll would love to have this memory card.  

Make: Canon
Model: Canon EOS 40D
ISO: 400
Aperture: f/5.6
Shutter speed: 1/800 sec
Captured: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 11:37am

Hi Jeanne,

What a journey you had!  Love your photo, and story.  Now although there have been some great stories in this thread, some great photos, and just over all great everything.  Your photo, your story and your 5D Mark III will take this prize.  

Congrats!!

Please PM me with your contact information including shipping address.  We'll get that shipped out to you this week.

Thank  you all for joining this contest.  This was fun, stay tuned for another!

Alex

Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #546317 by Amy Porter
So cool, congrats on the new card!

Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #546397 by Miss Polly
Good win, congrats!  

Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #546407 by dasb91
I love how photography has done more to me than just snapping still images. Photography has taught me about life. How dreams can become experiences. How a single image can give you so much feeling. Photography isn't about skill, its about seeing the world as you see it, and expressing it through your lens. Photography has taken me so many places, and also let me experience them many times over again. The power of imagery is limitless and I couldn't be happier with having nothing but the clothes on my back, and a camera on my neck.

Photo Comments
Attachments:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024