Jet Cameras- Legit Site?

6 years 5 months ago #547899 by Rohan Tushar
I was searching some sites for cameras and I came across with jetcameras.com. The price of the equipment here are way cheaper. is this a legit site? Have you purchased here before?

Thanks! 

6 years 5 months ago #547915 by icepics
Hard to tell. Brooklyn is notorious for camera/electronics stores that are always on the move and pulling a bait and switch, and I think some places in NJ are similar.

Says it's a family business and on the map it looks like a residential area, although it was hard to find the address. Makes me wonder if they actually have the equipment or take orders then go buy items to resell, or what? Who knows...

Phone number is an 800 number, just started in 2017 it looks like. 10 day returns, I quit reading after that.

Sharon
Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #547916 by garyrhook
If they are offering below-typical prices on Nikon and/or Canon equipment, then they are either not legit, or selling gray market merchandise. Both companies strongly control the prices of their products that are supported in the USA. You won't find a lower prices anywhere for any body or lens, and even the sales are company controlled.

Just sayin'.

Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #547926 by effron
I did a couple comparisons, and the savings isn't much. Probably get a camera body in plastic wrap, then need to buy a battery, charger, instruction manual, etc.....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #547937 by Sawyer
I'd pass, just buy from B&H or Adorama. 

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon 35L | Sigma 85 1.4 | Helios 44M-6 58mm(M42) | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 (C/Y) | Canon 135L | (2) 430EX II
Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #547973 by Rohan Tushar

icepics wrote: Hard to tell. Brooklyn is notorious for camera/electronics stores that are always on the move and pulling a bait and switch, and I think some places in NJ are similar.

Says it's a family business and on the map it looks like a residential area, although it was hard to find the address. Makes me wonder if they actually have the equipment or take orders then go buy items to resell, or what? Who knows...

Phone number is an 800 number, just started in 2017 it looks like. 10 day returns, I quit reading after that.

Im surprised you went this far for this information. Thanks for this. 

6 years 5 months ago #547974 by Rohan Tushar

garyrhook wrote: If they are offering below-typical prices on Nikon and/or Canon equipment, then they are either not legit, or selling gray market merchandise. Both companies strongly control the prices of their products that are supported in the USA. You won't find a lower prices anywhere for any body or lens, and even the sales are company controlled.

Just sayin'.

This is also what I thought. I am as well dodgy about this matter. Thanks for your ideas. 

6 years 5 months ago #547975 by Rohan Tushar

effron wrote: I did a couple comparisons, and the savings isn't much. Probably get a camera body in plastic wrap, then need to buy a battery, charger, instruction manual, etc.....

This is definitely a better alternative Effron! Thanks for this. 

6 years 5 months ago #547976 by Rohan Tushar

Sawyer wrote: I'd pass, just buy from B&H or Adorama. 

This is understandable! Same here! 

6 years 5 months ago #548067 by Stanly
+1, just stick with someone that is well known. 

Nikon Z6 | Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II
Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #548152 by Rohan Tushar

Stanly wrote: +1, just stick with someone that is well known. 

Yeah! I think so too. It's better to be sure where you invest your money. 

6 years 5 months ago #548233 by Prago
Sounds like a fly by night company (no pun intended).

SWM into chainsaws and hockey masks seeks like-minded SWF. No weirdos, please
Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #548322 by Rohan Tushar

Prago wrote: Sounds like a fly by night company (no pun intended).

Yeah! i think so too. 

6 years 5 months ago #548373 by Robert Chen
LOL sorry, but that just sounds like a wacky site.  

Nikon D300 24-70mm f2.8
70-200mm f2.8
50mm f1.4 & 50mm f1.8
105mm f2.8
2 SB800

Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #548464 by Neil Dulay
:blink:   never heard of this one

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024