Jet Cameras- Legit Site?

6 years 5 months ago #548486 by Rohan Tushar

Robert Chen wrote: LOL sorry, but that just sounds like a wacky site.  

:rofl:  Really...

6 years 5 months ago #548487 by Rohan Tushar

Neil Dulay wrote: :blink:   never heard of this one

Yeah! they are a fairly new site as what they said. Very doubtful though,,, 

6 years 5 months ago #548833 by Neillien
Looks suspiciously inexpensive to me. As the others have mentioned, I'd just stick with a company with more of an established reputation

Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #548936 by Rohan Tushar

Neillien wrote: Looks suspiciously inexpensive to me. As the others have mentioned, I'd just stick with a company with more of an established reputation

:agree:  

5 years 11 months ago #579463 by WidowsSon0530
Jet Camera in Linden, NJ are shady characters. They sell grey market Nikon cameras and lenses as legitimate Nikon. Lisa at the company admitted to me they are NOT An Authorized NIKON dealership. I purchased a Nikon D7500 and Nikon 38-300mm lens for the price of real Nikon equipment. Neither had a US warranty and both were warrantied through Jet Camera. 

According to Nikon, equipment should come with a US Nikon warranty
If a company warrantys the equipment through their shop and it does not have a US Nikon Warranty - it's possible that the equipment is grey market which means it is not legitimate Nikon and may have inferior parts.  

5 years 11 months ago #582645 by jviessman
Here's the scoop on Jet Cameras!  Yes, they are a legit site, but their merchandise is GREY MARKET!  I purchased a Nikon D810 from them for aroun $1950, and it came to me quickly and in perfect new condition, in a factory sealed box.  This however isn't a "USA" model, and you cannot get a warranty on the camera due to the fact that it was originally shipped by Nikon to be sold in an Asian country. Nikon won't repair them if something happens to your camera. 
My D810 from Jet Cameras is a great camera, and it's essentially the same camera that ships to the USA, but different serial numbers and markings show that it's not a USA model.  It of course is all in English and has all English books and software.  I believe the model I received was sold in Hong Kong as an English version.  Are you willing to go without a warranty or repair if something happens?  Well, I was.  I love my D810.

5 years 11 months ago #582844 by Cristy Fields
If it seems to good to be true, when it comes to this industry, it generally is.  Grey market, big no no.  If true, they need to disclose that more in the open.  I'm guessing they remain in business because somewhere along the purchase process, or buried in their site, they disclose it somewhere.  

Photo Comments
5 years 10 months ago #583002 by Ruby Grace
I don't shop on any other sites other than B&H, Adorama and Amazon

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 17-40mmL, 24-105mmL, 100-400mmL, 300mm f/4L IS, Sigma 12-24mm, 430EX, Extension tubes
Photo Comments
5 years 1 week ago #638935 by Maxzz
Ordered a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 as my travel camera from JetCameras.com earlier today for $419, which is a ridiculously low price.  I would have to pay $599 to get the full kit. Promptly asked him to cancel my order.
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #721742 by Will-Haryson
Hey! Are Jet Cameras alive? I'd like to get a Fujifilm X-Pro2 (found it here ) as my travel camera. 

2 years 8 months ago #721826 by Scott Klubeck
Admin - Will guy above me looks to be spamming your site.

Photo Comments
2 years 8 months ago #721960 by Owen
LOL pass 

Photo Comments
2 years 8 months ago #721962 by icepics
Looks like you're right Scott, 3 year old thread.

Sharon
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024