How to respond to client that wants to see all photos from wedding session?

6 years 5 months ago #551882 by Karen Comella
What are you telling clients who want to see ALL the photos from their wedding or engagement session?  I've always told them I don't show because of duplicates, or ones I wasn't happy with the composition.   I have a client that is being a PAIN and doesn't want to respect my 'no' answer.  

She has threatened to leave a negative Yelp review.  From a contractual standpoint, I have over delivered already to her and her husband.  Now she is use to getting what she want's and doesn't like that she can't get these.  Her husband is very nice, and loves the photos I have taken and has commented "My wife is my wife".  

Can you help me out here please?  

Thank you. 

Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #551913 by effron
Show him or her what you want them to see. Curious, that's not covered in your contract?

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #551926 by garyrhook
"I was very clear in our contract as to deliverables, and I believe I have exceeded those expectations. I have explained that I will not deliver any images that do not meet my artistic requirements.

Help me understand: why do you think I would withhold any image of interest or quality?"

Then stop talking and let her answer the question. Challenge her on her logic and petulance.

Finally: "You have every right to write any review you wish; I certainly can't stop you. But I'm not clear on what you hope to gain when you have so far been thrilled with my service and delivered products. What I'm hearing is an attempt to coerce me into doing something that I do not do in my business. And good review or bad, I will never deliver any product that I do not stand behind. I need you to understand that anything you write on Yelp won't change my position in any way."

Than, again, stop talking. See what happens. But make it clear you won't be manipulated or coerced. And really, how can you stop anyone from writing anything about you? Me, I hate Yelp and wouldn't care a bit about it. Your work on your website and your client testimonials ought to carry more weight. Control what you can, let go of what you can't control.

Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #551978 by One Wish
I was going to respond, however I would be saying what Gary just did.  Good post by Gary :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #552001 by Ian Stone
Stand your ground, you have the language in the contract that they signed.  

Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #552088 by Andrew AG
+1 agree, sounds like a PITA client.  Don't give in.  

Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #552155 by Trisha.M
Anyone know the words to that song "Hit the Road Jack"?  

Those would be my words.  

Photo Comments
6 years 5 months ago #552182 by Oscar Cohen
I'm always amazed with that ONE client who thinks they are above everyone, above contracts and feels they deserve the rules to be bent for them.  

Did she mention reason for needing to see more photos?  Is she not happy with the ones she has received?  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024