Sandisk 64GB Extreme Pro compact flash card giving "Not formatted" error

6 years 5 days ago #578154 by Richard Taylor
This is the strangest thing.  About a week ago, I accidentally left my compact flash card home and needed to resort to my spare card (Sandisk 64gb Extreme Pro).  No big deal.   Now when I bought this card and before I put in my bag, I formatted it.  Which was last year some time.  I never used the card till now. 

So this entire week I was storing photos to this card.  This morning I look the card out and when to download to my computer and now I'm getting a message saying the card was not formatted and it couldn't read it?   I put the card back in my camera and now I'm getting a similar message.  

100% this card was formatted already.  Now I'm just interested in getting my photos off this card, but the computer and camera don't seem to see that the card is formatted.  

What can I do here? 

Photo Comments
6 years 5 days ago #578200 by effron
Had you formatted in the same camera you were using? Maybe a message to SanDick is in order, sounds like maybe a corrupted card.....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
6 years 5 days ago #578220 by garyrhook
In the future, consider formatting again just before a project or outing. Never a bad idea.

I agree with Effron: possibly a corrupt/bad card.

Photo Comments
6 years 4 days ago #578265 by Sassy Girl
I always format right before I use the camera.  Just never know.  

Sorry can't be of any help here.  

Photo Comments
6 years 4 days ago #578363 by Moossmann
Before you do anything else with that card, I would run a recovery software over it right away to get those photos. 

Photo Comments
6 years 3 days ago #578460 by Vahrenkamp

Moossmann wrote: Before you do anything else with that card, I would run a recovery software over it right away to get those photos. 

:agree:    good advice.  Recovery software is going to be the best bet here. 

Photo Comments
6 years 1 day ago #578769 by Juan Anthony
So what happened with this?

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024