B&H or Adorama price match?

5 years 10 months ago #583574 by TGonzo
Who has a better price match policy?  

Photo Comments
5 years 10 months ago #583579 by fmw
Call them and ask them to price match.

Photo Comments
5 years 10 months ago #583581 by effron
I think Adorama does, but you should check...prices on major items (New cameras and lenses, etc) are set by manufacturers anyway!

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: HelenOster
5 years 10 months ago #583583 by TGonzo
Oh, didn't know that.  So, how are B&H and Adorama able to take so much business from smaller camera stores if pricing the same?

Photo Comments
5 years 10 months ago #583584 by Screamin Scott
By packaging them with items not offered with the other sellers.

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: HelenOster
5 years 10 months ago #583588 by HelenOster

TGonzo wrote: Who has a better price match policy?  

At Adorama we will always make every effort to price match to any equally reputable retailer.

You are most welcome to email me: [email protected]

Helen Oster
[email protected]

5 years 10 months ago #583609 by Ben Vanderbilt
Even Amazon?  

Photo Comments
5 years 10 months ago #583618 by garyrhook

TGonzo wrote: Oh, didn't know that.  So, how are B&H and Adorama able to take so much business from smaller camera stores if pricing the same?

There are fixed costs to running a brick-and-mortar business. The more volume you have in sales, the more you can amortize those expenses across the transactions. The more product you move, the more you can negotiate discounts with the vendor (some vendors, anyways). So businesses like Adorama, et. al., can nickel and dime, and provide the (even slightly better) lowest price. Which, sadly, is all many people care about. It's why Walmart is what it is.

Meh.

I patronize my local camera store if I can, if they have what I need. I go to Amazon for speed and availability. I buy from Adorama for availability, as most prices for what i want are consistent across the board. I don't worry about 'gimmes' or price matching; it's for more worthwhile to support a business you believe in. In other words, my choice of outlet is very intentional.

But I never shop at Walmart if I can help it.

Photo Comments
5 years 10 months ago #583640 by HelenOster
It’s on a case by case basis - if Amazon, for example, was selling something below what it would cost us, then it wouldn’t be possible! But we always do our best to help as often as we possibly can.

Helen Oster
[email protected]

5 years 10 months ago #583669 by effron

garyrhook wrote: But I never shop at Walmart if I can help it.

We're on the same page there, I hate even walking in the front door.....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
5 years 10 months ago #583754 by henryp
We handle each price-match inquiry individually. We say "Yes" as often as we can and always regret when circumstances prevent us from doing so. You can email [email protected] to initiate the conversation.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
B&H Photo-Video

5 years 10 months ago #583789 by KENT MELTON
@henryp  What circumstances will you not price match? 

Photo Comments
5 years 10 months ago #583793 by henryp

KENT MELTON wrote: @henryp  What circumstances will you not price match? 

As I said, "we handle each price-match inquiry individually." I'm reluctant to generalize. I will say this -- we rarely match if the item's not in stock at the other retailer and we rarely match if the other retailer has a generally unsavory reputation.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
B&H Photo-Video

5 years 10 months ago #583800 by KENT MELTON
Fair enough, thank you for clarifying for me.  

Photo Comments
5 years 10 months ago #583864 by Olivia

HelenOster wrote: It’s on a case by case basis - if Amazon, for example, was selling something below what it would cost us, then it wouldn’t be possible! But we always do our best to help as often as we possibly can.

So if all are given the same price, if lower on Amazon, would that suggest grey market or else?

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024