Canvas company that ships to Germany?

5 years 9 months ago #590867 by Scott Klubeck
I have an old client who moved to Germany last year.  They want another print that we shot before they left, however the canvas company that did their last set of prints doesn't ship outside the of the mainland USA.  

Do you have a company that you can recommend that will ship to Germany?  Canvas print size will be 42x24" mat finish on 1.5" frame.  

Thanks PT! 

Photo Comments
5 years 9 months ago #590902 by effron
Have it shipped to yourself, then you reship to Germany ...

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
5 years 9 months ago #590904 by G Vernon
Why not get it printed in Germany then it can be delivered locally?

Photo Comments
5 years 9 months ago #590958 by effron

GJ-Vernon wrote: Why not get it printed in Germany then it can be delivered locally?

Yeah, Whitewall is German me thinks, and there are others.....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
5 years 9 months ago #591021 by Finn
Have you considered white wall?

Photo Comments
5 years 9 months ago #591156 by Kyle O

effron wrote: Have it shipped to yourself, then you reship to Germany ...

LOL I was going to say the same thing.  It's a situation where you only trust that particular company.  Other wise as someone else pointed out, have it printed there and save the $$ on shipping.  

Photo Comments
5 years 9 months ago #591286 by Scott Klubeck
I appreciate all the feedback.  Have any of you tried White Wall? 

Photo Comments
5 years 9 months ago #591534 by Alex
These days, I'm hooked on CanvasHQ, they are located in Arkansas and do excellent work.  Highly recommend them.   Now to be honest, I can't recall if they ship to Europe or not.  I would suggest if you haven't found a source yet, to call them up and check.  

If the don't ship to Europe, I have used WhiteWall as well, and they are as mentioned located in Germany.  They have a great product as well.  Actually I like their metal and acrylic prints, their canvas prints aren't as nice as CanvasHQ.  CanvasHQ specializes in canvas and nothing else, which is why they are regarded so well.   

Hope this helps!

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
5 years 9 months ago #591541 by PhotoViking
If shipped from outside the EU to a private person the consignee will also be charged with 19% VAT.

Festina lente!
Photo Comments
5 years 8 months ago #595323 by Aeros
For what it's worth. I suggest you have his regular printer do it, ship it to you unframed rolled in a cardboard tube, then
redirect it to Germany. Write on the customs declaration "Unsolicited
birthday gift" You may get lucky. As advised here by others, there's a lot
of merit to having it printed in Germany. 
I have mailed rolled prints in cardboard tubes, as I sell prints of my photography and fine art paintings printed on my Epson Stylus Pro 9900. Some mailed as far afield as the Philippines and South Africa. If you use a new
printing service, it's good form to send them a control print for colour
matching. It need only be a small portion of a print for reference. Having the work framed locally will save a ton of money on mailing.

Good luck :D

Photo Comments
5 years 8 months ago #595381 by Scott Klubeck
I'll keep that in mind for next time.  Thank you for jumping in!  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024