Good deal on this Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II Camera?

5 years 8 months ago #593701 by Moossmann
Who knows this camera?  It's $200 off.  I've been looking around at one of these.  Having a bundle with lens is preferred for me.  This will be my first Olympus.

www.natcam.com/products/olympus-om-d-e-m...-150mm-lenses-black/

Photo Comments
5 years 8 months ago #593706 by effron
That's a regular price (600 bucks), btw....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
5 years 8 months ago #593713 by Moossmann
Well I had seen it on Best Buy  for $549 and it only had the 14-42mm lens to it.  And it's Silver.  

What do you think of the camera in general?  I love the retro look of the camera.  It just looks classic.  16.1MP isn't top of the scale these days. but plenty for me.  

Photo Comments
5 years 8 months ago #593722 by Francis
You should check their used stock for deals.  New might not be the best path for deals.  

Photo Comments
5 years 8 months ago #593726 by Shadowfixer1
I had the original E-M10. It was a very good camera and the Mark II is even better. It will take a bit to get used to it, but you will be surprised at the images it can produce. My suggestion is to not try to learn everything about the camera at first, just use it like you normally use your camera now, then add in new features as you go along. If you try to master everything it does first thing, you may get frustrated. They are available body only for 449 refurbished on the Olympus website. I've been shooting with Olympus for 4 or so years now, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
5 years 8 months ago #593737 by Silver Fox
Brother has this camera, it's nice.  He's had it for a few months and loves it.  That's all I know.  Worth noting, that this was his first camera.  

Photo Comments
5 years 8 months ago #593831 by Noah J
So can you use any other manufactures glass on Olympus cameras?  Speaking of which and just a out of curiosity sort of question, which brands can you swap out between one another, if any? 

Photo Comments
5 years 8 months ago #593936 by Shadowfixer1
You can use any Micro 4/3's lenses on any other micro 4/3 camera. All the mounts are the same. Most lenses will not lose any of their functions between brands. Mixing brands will lose dual stabilization. Panasonic and Olympus are the two main players in micro four thirds. You can also adapt other brands such as Nikon, Canon and the rest to a micro four thirds camera. You will give up full functionality in those instances. 
5 years 8 months ago #593960 by Shadowfixer1

Shadowfixer1 wrote: I had the original E-M10. It was a very good camera and the Mark II is even better. It will take a bit to get used to it, but you will be surprised at the images it can produce. My suggestion is to not try to learn everything about the camera at first, just use it like you normally use your camera now, then add in new features as you go along. If you try to master everything it does first thing, you may get frustrated. They are available body only for 449 refurbished on the Olympus website. I've been shooting with Olympus for 4 or so years now, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Sorry. That was the MK III for 449. KEH has a silver "like new" MK II for $379. They have the 14-42 kit lens for $175 or even better the 14-150 for $313. The 14-150 gives the same FOV as a 28-300 on full frame. The 10 MKII with the 14-150 would be a good kit and cover a lot of bases.
5 years 8 months ago #594012 by KCook
As Shadowfixer1 noted, images will be fine. I prefer the E-M5 (which I have), but I am a fussy cuss. Gooood luck with the notorious Oly menu system.

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

5 years 8 months ago #594419 by Colorado Mike

Shadowfixer1 wrote:

Shadowfixer1 wrote: I had the original E-M10. It was a very good camera and the Mark II is even better. It will take a bit to get used to it, but you will be surprised at the images it can produce. My suggestion is to not try to learn everything about the camera at first, just use it like you normally use your camera now, then add in new features as you go along. If you try to master everything it does first thing, you may get frustrated. They are available body only for 449 refurbished on the Olympus website. I've been shooting with Olympus for 4 or so years now, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Sorry. That was the MK III for 449. KEH has a silver "like new" MK II for $379. They have the 14-42 kit lens for $175 or even better the 14-150 for $313. The 14-150 gives the same FOV as a 28-300 on full frame. The 10 MKII with the 14-150 would be a good kit and cover a lot of bases.

Man, thats a savings.  I would go with the 14-150mm for the $313.  That's a pretty good deal on that lens.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024