Hanging print in bathroom, how to seal from moisture?

11 months 4 weeks ago #599694 by Francis
I have some prints I've printed and would like to hang in frames with glass front.  While the backs are covered with the 1/8" birch, there is still that crack that goes around the edges.  So moisture can get in.  Is there something I can spray on the print that will protect if from the moisture?  

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 months 4 weeks ago #599716 by garyrhook
I believe there's a spray-on sealer that you can acquire, but why bother? If you printed it, just hang and enjoy. If it suffers from humidity, print another after a while.

Photo Comments

11 months 4 weeks ago #599726 by MYoung

garyrhook wrote: I believe there's a spray-on sealer that you can acquire, but why bother? If you printed it, just hang and enjoy. If it suffers from humidity, print another after a while.

:agree:   I was thinking the same thing.  Considering the cost of such a spray, and the process of doing it right, it would be cheaper just to print one off, keep it up till it does something.  And then swap out the photo for another! 

Photo Comments

11 months 4 weeks ago #599836 by Chris Briggs
Just hang it, when it get's all messed up, print a new one.  Now if you are a person that takes crazy hot showers and you have little ventilation in your bathroom, that might be sooner than later that you need to replace the print.  

Photo Comments

11 months 4 weeks ago #599870 by Ian Stone
If you are concerned about it, just run a thin bead of silicon around edge in the back of the frame.  

Photo Comments

11 months 3 weeks ago #600410 by effron

garyrhook wrote: I believe there's a spray-on sealer that you can acquire, but why bother? If you printed it, just hang and enjoy. If it suffers from humidity, print another after a while.

This....or go acrylic and forget it.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Fujifilm X100F review, learn about its essential features and specs, its pros and cons, and where you can pick one up for a great price.

Aug 16, 2019

The Nikon D500 might be several years old, but it's still a highly capable camera. In this Nikon D500 review, learn why it's still a good investment in 2019.

Aug 16, 2019

In this Nikon Z 14-30mm f/4 S review, learn about its specs, features, build quality, handling, price, and more.

Aug 13, 2019

The Fujifilm X-T2 might be three years old, but it's still a highly capable camera with specs and features that will suit just about any photographer in 2019.

Aug 12, 2019

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

With a big budget, there's no end to what you can give your favorite photographer this holiday season. See what some of the best gifts for photographers under $2,500 are in 2019!

Aug 20, 2019

Photography clients can be hard to find and even harder to keep, but with these photography business tips, you'll learn how to retain clients for the long-term.

Aug 20, 2019

Though being a new photographer means you probably have a ton of questions, there are some beginner photography questions that professionals are tired of hearing.

Aug 19, 2019

Using a vintage lens with a modern camera is a fun exercise, and can teach you a lot. But before you buy a vintage lens, be sure you know what you're getting yourself into...

Aug 19, 2019

Photo by Jakob Owens on Unsplash Joshua Rosenthal makes a living from taking pictures of strangers in public, legally. Under...

Aug 18, 2019

By Teichnor Bros., Boston - eBayfrontback, Public Domain "It wasn't the first time he utilized a couple of bottles of scotch to get into an area that...

Aug 18, 2019

Photo by Jesse Mills on Unsplash It is easy for us to forget that 9/11 is still claiming lives almost 2 decades later. It is...

Aug 17, 2019

In this Fujifilm X100F review, learn about its essential features and specs, its pros and cons, and where you can pick one up for a great price.

Aug 16, 2019