Software for finding your photos that people have taken without permission?

1 year 3 months ago #601918 by Crammer
I hate uploading photos online, mainly because you never know who is going to rip off your photos.  Is there an software or something that will scan the web for your photos and if so, how accurate is it? 

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 3 months ago #601923 by effron
www.tineye.com
Do a search for some others....

Why so serious?
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments

1 year 3 months ago #601948 by fmw
If you don't want people to rip off your images, don't put them on the internet.

Photo Comments

1 year 3 months ago #601970 by Nikon Shooter

fmw wrote: If you don't want people to rip off your images, don't put them on the internet.

:agree:

Yes, it is that simple.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments

1 year 3 months ago #601971 by garyrhook
Surprisingly, it is very simple. Don't post.

That said, the likelihood of someone misappropriating your images is small. You can make it less rewarding by using smaller image sizes and a lower (jpg) quality. And be selective about what you post. 

Photo Comments

1 year 3 months ago #602130 by Francis
I had signed up with Copypants a few years ago, and was going to recommend them, however I just noticed they are no longer in business.  Whoops on that one!  

Photo Comments

1 year 3 months ago #602149 by icepics
I've used Tineye; nothing turned up! Think about where and why you're posting. Look at Terms & Conditions to make sure the site doesn't allow for site ownership or other site users to take/use your photos.

Sharon
Photo Comments

1 year 3 months ago #602192 by Karen Comella
Shame about Copypants, was surprised that they closed shop.  :( 

Photo Comments

1 year 3 months ago #602199 by Alfonso Camil
So what happens when you do find someone that has used your photos for commercial purpose.  Will the determine value based on the reach and usage of photo?

Photo Comments

1 year 3 months ago #602219 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day All

I have been thru this mental dilemma via my Flickr site ... and decided early on for two things -
a) images would be downsized to 800px on the long side and around 200kb max ... so using PSE I am lowering JPG quality down and down till I get the 200kb size, and
b) anything that I think could interest others, is watermarked with a reasonable sized text

As most of my stuff is 'general happy snaps for me and my family' I cannot see that someone would steal an image and try to make something of it. Certainly not with the pixel size I post at

Hope this helps
Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

1 year 3 months ago #602266 by Vahrenkamp

effron wrote: www.tineye.com

I have used this one as well.  Just wish they would have something a little more automated and a team of mean dogs to go after the violators!  

Mahalo

Photo Comments

1 year 2 months ago #603017 by Glen Mosley
tineye.com is going to be a good option for you.  

Photo Comments

1 year 2 months ago #603067 by effron

Vahrenkamp wrote:

effron wrote: www.tineye.com

I have used this one as well.  Just wish they would have something a little more automated and a team of mean dogs to go after the violators!  

Mahalo

Until it becomes a per pay service don't expect too much. (even one mean dog would be nice)

Why so serious?
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments

1 year 2 months ago #603108 by Nefarious
WOW, seems like a lot of work to keep on top of this.  You would expect there was way to automate it.  

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In the Nikon Z6 vs Canon EOS R debate, which one is the best buy for you? Get all the details on both these cameras in this detailed comparison review.

Dec 04, 2019

Sure, the Nikon D610 is going on seven years old, but if you want a full frame camera, you'll be hard-pressed to find a cheaper one. Learn about the features and benefits of this camera in our Nikon D610 review.

Nov 27, 2019

The FujiFilm X-Pro 3 is a brand-new camera with distinct retro styling. Is it the right camera for you? Find out in this detailed FujiFilm X-Pro 3 review.

Nov 26, 2019

The Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8L is one of the holy trinity of lenses every photographer needs to have. Does it stand up to its huge price tag? Let's find out!

Nov 22, 2019
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Photo by Victória Kubiaki on Unsplash It's not every day that someone goes out of their way to make strangers smile, but that's...

Dec 08, 2019

Photo by Olenka Kotyk on Unsplash  Brides will always expect photographers to work for free because photography is an...

Dec 07, 2019

The best camera bags of 2019 include duffel bags and slings, backpacks and leather bags. Their common trait? These are some of the most well-designed, rugged, and functional bags available today.

Dec 06, 2019

I'm making the move to Canon mirrorless cameras, specifically the EOS R. Here's a few thoughts on the transition so far, including some pleasant surprises!

Dec 06, 2019

How to sell used camera gear has changed a lot over the last decade. In this article, learn about the future of how to sell your used camera gear for maximum profits.

Dec 05, 2019

If you're starting a photography business, there are a few things you need to research before you open your doors. Tackle the tasks outlined here, and you'll be in better shape to build a successful business.

Dec 05, 2019

GoPros have been around for 15 years, and over the years, many unusual GoPro accessories have come to market. Have a look at some of our favorites.

Dec 05, 2019

In the Nikon Z6 vs Canon EOS R debate, which one is the best buy for you? Get all the details on both these cameras in this detailed comparison review.

Dec 04, 2019