Wonderpana vs Format-Hitech filter wide angle system

11 months 2 weeks ago #601989 by Great Moments
Good evening  gang.  Have any of you compared these two wide angle filter systems against each other?  Which brands wide angle system will snug your lens better and seem to have a better build quality?  

The problem with some of these wide angle filter systems is that they don't have threads to fasten too like other filter systems and you are forced to go with a compression like fit.  Some I know fit better than others.   

I just don't want to learn the hard way which is better.  

Can you help me please? 

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 months 2 weeks ago #602035 by effron
I own a Lee system and have a couple Format-Hitech filters and they are easy to use, no threads except on holder, no compression. I'm happy with my system and don't need to compare them with new ones, and I'm too lazy to do a search on the wonderpana, a link would be helpful...

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

11 months 2 weeks ago #602071 by Great Moments
Sorry about that.  Here you go -  fotodioxpro.com/collections/wonderpana  

Photo Comments

11 months 2 weeks ago #602072 by Great Moments
Now isn't those Lee filters a bit on the cool side of things with their colors?

Photo Comments

11 months 2 weeks ago #602146 by Francis

Great Moments wrote: Now isn't those Lee filters a bit on the cool side of things with their colors?

Those cool tones can easily be fixed in post.  

Photo Comments

11 months 2 weeks ago #602177 by Happy Snapper
I thought you were talking about Wine Country filters!  Which I was going to say they don't have wide system.   Wonderpana, don't know much about these guys.  

Gripped Nikon D80 --- Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 --- Sigma 10-20mm f/4 --- Nikon 50mm f/1.4 --- SB600
Photo Comments

11 months 2 weeks ago #602188 by effron

Great Moments wrote: Now isn't those Lee filters a bit on the cool side of things with their colors?

All ND filters have a color cast, as mentioned its easily fixable in post....One click!

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

11 months 2 weeks ago #602264 by Vahrenkamp
I have a set of Format-Hitech filters I picked up 8 months ago and frankly I wouldn't consider anything else.  I'm happy.  Wonderpana looks nice, but I have not heard of them.  So you have my 3 cents.

mahalo

Photo Comments

11 months 2 weeks ago #602284 by Alex
I have used and tested a number of filters over the years, Format-Hitech glass is absolutely incredible.  Their wide angle bracket is a tad larger than others on the market.   But these guys make up for that with the quality of their glass.  I can't speak from experience about Wonderpana, which I know comes up often with photographers.  Pick up one of the kits Format-Hitech offers, B&H and Adorama both carry these.   IMO, you won't be disappointed.  

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments

11 months 1 week ago #602372 by Pettigrew
+1 Format Hitech

Canon EOS 7D SLR | XT W/18-55 Kit Lens | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 | Canon 28-105mm | Canon 75-300mm | Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro | Canon 100-400
Photo Comments

11 months 1 week ago #602401 by Olivia
Speaking of filters, do all the companies tint the glass the same way for their filters?

Photo Comments

11 months 1 week ago #602413 by garyrhook
I went with Formatt-Hitech and am extremely happy with the equipment.

Photo Comments

11 months 1 week ago #602430 by Roy Wilson
Would be nice that they do something with their wide filter holder :toetap:   their 100mm system is great, however the wide needs some help.  

Canon 5D Mark II, 30D, 40D, 50 1.2L, 16-35 2.8L Mark II, 24-105 4L IS, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L IS, 85 1.8, 4 x 580 EX(II)
Photo Comments

11 months 1 week ago #602467 by Matt VanDyke
NiSi and Format-Hitech and B+W are in my bag now.  

Photo Comments

11 months 1 week ago #602607 by ShadowWalker
I have been using Lee filters for years and broke my 10 stop earlier this summer.  I saw many of you talking about those Hitech filters and frankly, I'm pleased with it.  I might pick up a complete set here this holiday season.  Actually Santa will get for me.  :whistle:

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Fujifilm X100F review, learn about its essential features and specs, its pros and cons, and where you can pick one up for a great price.

Aug 16, 2019

The Nikon D500 might be several years old, but it's still a highly capable camera. In this Nikon D500 review, learn why it's still a good investment in 2019.

Aug 16, 2019

In this Nikon Z 14-30mm f/4 S review, learn about its specs, features, build quality, handling, price, and more.

Aug 13, 2019

The Fujifilm X-T2 might be three years old, but it's still a highly capable camera with specs and features that will suit just about any photographer in 2019.

Aug 12, 2019

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using a vintage lens with a modern camera is a fun exercise, and can teach you a lot. But before you buy a vintage lens, be sure you know what you're getting yourself into...

Aug 19, 2019

By Teichnor Bros., Boston - eBayfrontback, Public Domain "It wasn't the first time he utilized a couple of bottles of scotch to get into an area that...

Aug 18, 2019

Photo by Jesse Mills on Unsplash It is easy for us to forget that 9/11 is still claiming lives almost 2 decades later. It is...

Aug 17, 2019

In this Fujifilm X100F review, learn about its essential features and specs, its pros and cons, and where you can pick one up for a great price.

Aug 16, 2019

The Nikon D500 might be several years old, but it's still a highly capable camera. In this Nikon D500 review, learn why it's still a good investment in 2019.

Aug 16, 2019

The holidays might be a few months away, but it's never to late to start getting ideas for the photographer on your list. These gifts for photographers under $50 will do the trick!

Aug 15, 2019

In this camera tripod buyers guide, learn which tripods are the best of the bunch at various price points from under $100 to over $1,000.

Aug 15, 2019

Not sure how to grow your photography business? With these simple photography business tips, learn how you can step up your marketing game.

Aug 14, 2019