Charging DSLR battery on the go?

5 years 6 months ago #606997 by Red Tail
I have a USB battery pack that I use to charge my tablet and iPhone.  Is there DSLR battery charger that will plug into one a USB battery pack to charge on the fly?  

Photo Comments
5 years 6 months ago #606998 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day RT

We have several 12volt [vehicle] devices that then use a USB cable to feed into the device ... be it a book reader, modem etc. You might find one of these things that will direct connect into your battery charger, so that you can charge from both a USB source and a 12volt source [all our battery chargers are vehicle based as that is our home-on-the highway]

Hope this helps
Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

5 years 6 months ago #607007 by effron
I carry an inverter for charging camera batteries in vehicle. Much faster than a usb. Away from the truck, if I'll be pressed for power, I hook up my Anker battery pack and "Tether Tools Case Relay Camera Power System", and "Tether Tools Relay Camera Coupler for Nikon Cameras with EN-EL15 Battery"...for many hours power....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
5 years 6 months ago #607008 by garyrhook
You want an inverter for the car; very inexpensive. Or something like this:

www.paulcbuff.com/portable-power/

There are other brands out there, I believe.

Photo Comments
5 years 6 months ago #607025 by tgkelly
No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationI got this one

from ebay. It works although I doubt you will get a full deep charge but enough to keep you going. I haven't used it with a power bank but with a good one it should be fine. I have used it with the usb car output to top off charge while driving.

Photo Comments
5 years 6 months ago #607026 by tgkelly
Search eBay for this I'm sure you'll find one. I've had one for a while.

USB Charger for Nikon D750 D800 D8100 D7000 D7100 D600

Photo Comments
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #607176 by KenMan
You speaking about this one?   $7.99 and includes 4 batteries?  Do I need to say anything more 

Photo Comments
Attachments:
5 years 6 months ago #607369 by tgkelly
Mine didn't come with 4 batteries but that looks the same. I haven't tried with a battery pack but usb charging works good. Not as good as a full power charge but good enough when there isn't an alternative.

Photo Comments
5 years 6 months ago #607543 by Chris Banner
I just a 12V plug in inverter and charge my battery in my car.  

5 years 6 months ago #607826 by Foggy
I just bring out 4-5 batteries with me all the time.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024