Keflavík International Airport here I come! Camera in hand!

1 year 1 month ago #610737 by Robert Hardy
Well technically not till January 3rd through the 16th!!  I'm going to eat some Nordic food, hopefully photograph some Northern Lights, Ice caves and make some great photos!

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago #610743 by Frisco
Do you need a special drivers license in order to drive over there?

Nikon 18-55mm VR, Nikon 70-200mm VRII f/2.8, Nikon 50mm f/1.8, Nikon 10.5mm Fisheye, Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8, SB-700 & SB-800
Photo Comments

1 year 1 month ago #610752 by Crazyguy
:thumbsup:

An Irishman is not drunk as long as he can hold on to one blade of grass to keep from falling off the world.
Photo Comments

1 year 1 month ago #610794 by Prago
You'll see the northern lights that time of the year.  Good for you, have fun!  

SWM into chainsaws and hockey masks seeks like-minded SWF. No weirdos, please
Photo Comments

1 year 1 month ago #610883 by Stanly
One of the most beautiful countries to visit. Enjoy yourself and take your time. Are you going to be solo or are you going on a workshop up there?

Nikon Z6 | Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II
Photo Comments

1 year 1 month ago #610918 by Victor.E
Hey Robert, do you know where you are staying?  My photography group and I are arriving on the 14th!  Would be cool meet up!  

Photo Comments

1 year 1 month ago #610950 by Scott Klubeck

Prago wrote: You'll see the northern lights that time of the year.  Good for you, have fun!  

:agree: and a lot more!   

Photo Comments

1 year 1 month ago #611070 by Number 7
I would rather go to Greenland, less people

Photo Comments

1 year 1 month ago #611081 by effron

Number 7 wrote: I would rather go to Greenland, less people

There are less than 340 thousand Icelanders, yes more than Greenland but not a mob. Anyway OP, if you can and have the time don't neglect south eastern Iceland, very dramatic landscapes of its own, not the iconic stuff like the Kirkjufellsfoss area, but there'll be much fewer tourists as well.....

Why so serious?
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments

1 year 4 weeks ago #611234 by Robert Hardy

Frisco wrote: Do you need a special drivers license in order to drive over there?

Not sure yet, I sent the workshop company an email on Saturday asking about this.  The time that will be spent at the workshop, they are driving us around.  However we are staying longer and I want to be able to drive.  So don't have that response yet. 

Photo Comments

1 year 4 weeks ago #611272 by Howard Swanson
"Age Limits & Licenses -- Generally you must be 21 to rent a regular car in Iceland and 23 to rent a 4WD vehicle, but company policies vary. No maximum age limit is in effect. All national driver's licenses are recognized, so you do not need aninternational one."

www.frommers.com/destinations/iceland/pl...-trip/getting-around

Photo Comments

1 year 4 weeks ago #611433 by Rudy Silvo
Hope you have a better time than my last trip there.  Some places are just so darn crowded and we were supposed to see a few spots that never happened.  :( 

Photo Comments

1 year 4 weeks ago #611499 by James L

effron wrote:

Number 7 wrote: I would rather go to Greenland, less people

There are less than 340 thousand Icelanders, yes more than Greenland but not a mob. Anyway OP, if you can and have the time don't neglect south eastern Iceland, very dramatic landscapes of its own, not the iconic stuff like the Kirkjufellsfoss area, but there'll be much fewer tourists as well.....

Keep in mind that there are also 2 million + tourist visiting Iceland each year too.  I was looking to see what Greenland tourist board reports, however they don't track tourist.  So much for that!

Photo Comments

1 year 4 weeks ago #611620 by Finn
339,000 residents vs 2 million + visitors?  Seems to me that most of the residents are servicing tourist?

Photo Comments

1 year 3 weeks ago #611820 by Alfonso Camil
Aren't there active volcano's there too? 

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony a7 might be six years old, but it still has plenty of features that make it an excellent option for today's photographers. In this Sony a7 review, learn about this camera's essential specs and features, and how you can find one at a bargain price.

Nov 20, 2019

In this Sony RX10 IV review, learn about the specs and features that make this one of the best, most well-equipped bridge cameras on the market today.

Nov 12, 2019

In this Nikon D3500 review, learn all about this camera's features, specs, and capabilities, as well as details about compatible lenses, the camera's pros and cons, and its price.

Nov 06, 2019

In this Panasonic G9 review, we take a look at its essential features, its build quality, compatible lenses, and other crucial details to help you decide if this is the camera for you.

Nov 04, 2019

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

photo prints, how to print photos, photo printing tips, best photo prints, top canvas printers

Nov 20, 2019

If you're just starting out building a photography business, be sure to steer clear of these critical photography business mistakes.

Nov 20, 2019

The Canon EOS R has been out for about a year now, and has gotten some negative reviews by photographers. But I think it's a fantastic camera...a sleeping giant, in fact.

Nov 20, 2019

The Sony a7 might be six years old, but it still has plenty of features that make it an excellent option for today's photographers. In this Sony a7 review, learn about this camera's essential specs and features, and how you can find one at a bargain price.

Nov 20, 2019

It's time again to list off the best photography products of 2019 and the best photography services of 2019. See what companies knocked it out of the park this year!

Nov 20, 2019

Screenshot via YouTube video  We've all dealt with packages getting damaged, or worse getting stolen off of our front porch, especially during the...

Nov 20, 2019

Looking for a high-quality circular polarizer but don't want to bust your budget? Look no further than these three budget-friendly options.

Nov 19, 2019

There are many components to a landscape photography kit, and over the years, I've found that these items have proven their worth as the ideal tools for landscape photography.

Nov 18, 2019