Aperturent vs Borrow Lenses

5 years 4 months ago #621731 by Adam Nagle
For renting glass, would you happen to know how this Aperturent stacks up to Borrow Lenses?  

Actually what I would really like to know is condition of rental gear.  Last time I rented a 300mm from Borrow Lenses, it was in rough shape and I'm pretty sure the auto focus wasn't 100%.  

Photo Comments
5 years 4 months ago #621732 by garyrhook

Adam Nagle wrote: For renting glass, would you happen to know how this Aperturent stacks up to Borrow Lenses?  

Actually what I would really like to know is condition of rental gear.  Last time I rented a 300mm from Borrow Lenses, it was in rough shape and I'm pretty sure the auto focus wasn't 100%.  

While the external condition of a lens may indicate (ab)use, it's really not important, is it? Whether the lens works is what matters. I hope you immediately contacted BL to complain and resolve?

Unfortunately, it's well-known that people treat rental equipment badly. I don't get that at all.

Photo Comments
5 years 4 months ago #621752 by Adam Nagle
I did call them and left a message and manager was supposed to call me and no one did 

So not happy with them, and hence the reason I'm looking at renting from another place.  

Photo Comments
5 years 4 months ago #621761 by garyrhook

Adam Nagle wrote: I did call them and left a message and manager was supposed to call me and no one did 

So not happy with them, and hence the reason I'm looking at renting from another place.  

Well, bummer. However, I would not drop it, since you paid for a service and they did not deliver. So I'd take into account the holidays, and be persistent.

Photo Comments
5 years 4 months ago #621764 by Freshstart
Yeah, I wouldn't write them off yet.  I would give them a call after the holidays.   Never heardof that other company.  

Photo Comments
5 years 4 months ago #621847 by effron

Adam Nagle wrote: I did call them and left a message and manager was supposed to call me and no one did 

I understand issues, but lack of customer service peeves me. I wouldn't use BL again either. Let us know what you do and how it works out.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
5 years 4 months ago #621856 by Troponin
 I have used borrow lenses four times and this current lens is the one that I’m having an issue with. The other lenses worked perfectly fine.  Customer Service has been really good. There is almost always somebody answering the phone, it only takes a few minutes to get a hold of someone, and they have been very helpful with this lens issue. 

I’m sure the rental business is tough. Theyre constantly dealing with people damaging your equipment. All you can do is give them the benefit of the doubt and expect their customer service to make up for it.  If the service is not there either, then it’s a very poor business 

Borrow lenses offered me a refund on the remaining time, or a refund plus a discount on the next rental if I decide to rent again. If they find an issue with  if they find an issue with Q lines lens, I’m going to probably push them to give me the entire amount for free since the lens hasn’t worked since day one. If they don’t, I might have a problem with that

Photo Comments
5 years 4 months ago #621859 by effron
" Borrow lenses offered me a refund on the remaining time, or a refund plus a discount on the next rental if I decide to rent again."

There you go then, like I stated, I'd let them sort out their own lens issues.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
5 years 4 months ago #621945 by Evan Westwood
I'm sure once someone in management get's ahold of that, you'll get taken care of.  

5 years 4 months ago #622181 by Overread
Did you send them an email with what took place? 

Photo Comments
5 years 4 months ago #622212 by Tim Kelley
Never had any issues  with Borrow lenses

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024