The Photographer's Ephemeris

5 years 2 months ago #625224 by Patrick G
Any of you use this app?  

I'd like to know how accurate and user friendly it is to use?  

Photo Comments
5 years 2 months ago #625241 by garyrhook
I use it, it's precise, and has tons of power. There are lots of videos on the site to explain how to use the features, whereas I mostly concern myself with the direction of the sun/moon and rise/set times. But yeah, it's cool.

Another highly regarded app is Photopills.

Photo Comments
5 years 2 months ago #625290 by Ruby Grace
My two favorite apps are TPE and Photo Pills.  

You won't regret downloading them. 

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 17-40mmL, 24-105mmL, 100-400mmL, 300mm f/4L IS, Sigma 12-24mm, 430EX, Extension tubes
Photo Comments
5 years 2 months ago #625332 by Owen
You'll find a lot of photographers use this app, very good and reliable.  

Photo Comments
5 years 2 months ago #625338 by Baydream
I have been using TPE since it was a desktop Pgm only. Love it. 

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
5 years 2 months ago #625427 by Overread
Must have app for photographers IMO

Photo Comments
5 years 2 months ago #625428 by Overread

Baydream wrote: I have been using TPE since it was a desktop Pgm only. Love it. 

I've been using for only a few years.  Had no idea they were desktop program at one point! :rofl:

Photo Comments
5 years 2 months ago #625500 by NickSano
Must have app IMO 

Photo Comments
5 years 2 months ago #625513 by Jared-Weaver
Another one to consider is Sun Surveyor. I prefer it over Photographer's Ephemeris due to the extra features. I find myself using the augmented reality mode a lot to predict when the sun will poke through the clouds. 

Photo Comments
5 years 2 months ago #625569 by Street Shark
Best app to have on your phone if you are a photographer!  

Photo Comments
5 years 2 months ago #625648 by Alex
I'll agree to that, this is definitely one of the top 3 apps I use myself for photography.  

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
5 years 2 months ago #625679 by Garbo
:agree:  

Nikon D300: 24-70 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 VR |Sigma 150 2.8 | 50 1.4 | SB-800
Photo Comments
5 years 2 months ago #625758 by Olivia
Got it, however my husband uses it more than I do!  

Photo Comments
5 years 2 months ago #626018 by Zeberk
Excellent program, well worth to have

Photo Comments
5 years 2 months ago #626252 by Victor.E
I'm curious for those of you that have TPE and Photo Pill, which are you using most these days?  For me, use to use TPE all the time, now I find Photo Pill opened more.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024

In the OM-1 vs OM-5 debate, which camera comes out on top? Though they’re different cameras for different purposes, comparing them head to head clarifies which is best for your needs.

Mar 01, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024

Getting the best video shots on your camera or smartphone requires you to understand the fundamentals of composition and video editing. It helps to have the appropriate gear, too!

Mar 20, 2024

It’s easy to lose your inspiration behind the lens, especially as a beginner. These creative photography projects can help inspire you to try new techniques and improve your photos.

Mar 20, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024