Robots infecting the forum

5 years 1 month ago #633413 by Stefan-Olsson
I'm starting to get a feeling that half the people commenting on the forum are plain ole bots.....hahaha, Stock very generic answers as picked by a robot. 

Never post stuff, no photos, only commenting.

The End is near folks:woohoo:

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: NewavaMike
5 years 1 month ago #633428 by Nikon Shooter

Stefan-Olsson wrote: Never post stuff, no photos, only commenting.

…and never answering questions!

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: NewavaMike
5 years 1 month ago #633430 by KenMan
Take me to your leader.

LOL

Sorry, I know I'm one of those people with often short answers.  Honestly, sometimes, I feel like answering or commenting on something, and I just give short answer.  Figure something is better than nothing.  

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #633431 by Stefan-Olsson
hahaha. Right, I posted this as a joke, but seriously everybody has the same reply.

Good render.

nice pic

etc.....

whatever it is it reeks of total fabrication.

And not to be an A hole, but anybody can basically post the shittiest pic the world has even seen and yet people will absolutely love it.

There is a point at as to where constant encouragement becomes a dis-service and doesnt help anybody in the long run.

I have got replies to some of my posts where the answer doesnt reflect AT ALL what was in the photo.

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shadowfixer1
5 years 1 month ago #633432 by Stefan-Olsson
This can be the thread where every "bot" out there can get a chance to formulate an actual sentence....Hell, post a pic of yours while you're at it.

GO!!!!

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #633433 by Olivia

KenMan wrote: Take me to your leader.

LOL

Sorry, I know I'm one of those people with often short answers.  Honestly, sometimes, I feel like answering or commenting on something, and I just give short answer.  Figure something is better than nothing.  

:whistle:   Hi it's been 4 days since I've left a pointless and generic comment in the forum for the purpose of filler comments.  

Seriously I do it too, most of the time I just don't have the time.  So I'm with you.  Didn't think people would be offended by short answers.  IMO, that shows at least I read it, or opened up their post.  

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCook
5 years 1 month ago #633435 by Stefan-Olsson
I mostly frequent the photo critique area, so Im sure there is a lot of actual interaction all around the forum with good people like yourself. I am mostly curious about the critique area where "completely out of left field" answers are fairly common.

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #633437 by Fess Walker
While I hear your frustration.  I don't know about you all, I have 3-4 forums I belong too, and commenting with longer post on all of these days TIME.  Sorry, but I'm a short answer'ier here most of the time too.  I want to keep active and game the points I earn (being honest) for the mystery prize I'll some day win (I wish).  Seriously though, I couldn't agree more with the 'something is better than nothing' comment as pointed out earlier.   When you're busy, but want to leave something in the tip jar, every penny counts at the end of the day.  

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #633438 by Olivia

Stefan-Olsson wrote: I mostly frequent the photo critique area, so Im sure there is a lot of actual interaction all around the forum with good people like yourself. I am mostly curious about the critique area where "completely out of left field" answers are fairly common.

I figured that, and I do leave them there and all over.  Just wish I had the time to spend more time here. Speaking of which, I need to run off and pick up my kids!  Life calls me again.  

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #633448 by Stefan-Olsson
I'm just happy seeing people write actual sentences right here, lol. None of the names i thought about have commented yet though.....

I didnt realize there was a points system here...hahaha. 

I'm fine with no points, you can have mine:)

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #633495 by GaryA
I haven't commented.

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.
www: garyayala.com

5 years 1 month ago #633496 by Stefan-Olsson
I wasnt thinking about Gary, hehe

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #633503 by Crammer
Yep guilty as charged here too.  I often post in short messages on all the boards I belong too.  Well it depends, some things just require a little longer response.  

What ever, leave a long comment, short comment or no comment on my post.  Everyone has things going on, I don't post and expect, I post as if to throw it out there.  

Which, when answered in any fashion, I'm grateful.  Just saying.  Thanks everyone. 

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #633754 by Marinan

Stefan-Olsson wrote:
I have got replies to some of my posts where the answer doesnt reflect AT ALL what was in the photo.

Could I see some examples, please? :)

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #633757 by Jared-Weaver
We're all guilty of it at some point and I think it happens more often on images that aren't all that great. It seems like we all want to encourage the noob without completly wrecking their confidence. It's a fine line to walk and most of us err on the side of caution. 

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024