Robots infecting the forum

5 years 1 month ago #633828 by GaryA
If there's anythin' I hate in this world it's robots—filthy devils ...

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.
www: garyayala.com

5 years 1 month ago #633829 by Troponin
This is why I try to go out of my way at times to type out a more thoughtful reply. Folks here aren't just looking for "nice pic", they want something of substance. 

I like to point out the things I like, then add one constructive criticism if I feel it's relevant enough (if its  easily overlooked or not) unless the OP seems they don't want any. 

Here is how I see it; the folks here have so much to offer and have learned a lot. I also get a lot of positive reinforcement. I try to give back when I can as a way to say thanks. 

On a final note, I am long winded IRL, so I think my posts reflect that a bit too. There are times when I wish I were a person of fewer words and have to tell myself to shut my face. lol

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: NewavaMike
5 years 1 month ago #633895 by NewavaMike
Hilarious Stefan !!  I pm'd NS about this exact thing a couple weeks ago.  And you know what?  Every "user" I suspect of NOT being a real person...… 
HAS NOT POSTED IN THIS THREAD !!  :lol:

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #633896 by Stefan-Olsson
Yep.......Every single person I also suspect have not posted, never posted a single thread, never posted a single photo, and have private pages.

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #633905 by jeffnles1
click here to get a bride from Russia.

sorry, couldn't resist.  Just a little humor here.

Jeff

The following user(s) said Thank You: Stefan-Olsson
5 years 1 month ago #634000 by NewavaMike
Robots infecting the forum...… unless..... maybe ….. the robots ARE THE MODS !!
Maybe there is no one at the controls around here :) 

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #634043 by Stefan-Olsson
hehehe. You never know:)

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #634131 by GaryA

Stefan-Olsson wrote: hehehe. You never know:)

I guess robots would get the site hits up ... which in turn would generate greater ad revenues.

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.
www: garyayala.com

5 years 1 month ago #634156 by NewavaMike
its rather disingenuous isn't it ?

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #634162 by Joe Peterson
I'm just goin to protect myself, so don't mind the reflection!

Photo Comments
Attachments:
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #634181 by Alex
Hey guys... I just got back in town from being in Norway for the last week, so don't mind the delay in responding to this post. 

OK, so no there are no robots.   Not at least from our end.  What is a problem and very likely what are you seeing or could be seeing is what has plagued this site and so many others in our space.  That is spammers. 

We get hammered every day with folks trying to post links and other trash on this site.  We are successful in stopping most of it.  It's the main reason why we don't allow new accounts to post without manual approval first.  Yet, the spammers still make it through.  And they evolve. 

PhotographyTalk has a strong DR (Domain Rank).  So all those SEO spammers who get paid to plant URL's are heavily motivated to find ways around the road blocks we put up.   Often what they will do to make it seem like they are a legit user, is interact in the forum, which looks more like nonsense or meaningless post/comments... then when they think the coast is clear, post their links.  For example, here is one we just noticed today.  This user/spammer has been on this site for over 2 months!   This user was banned and their post removed.

This user had 13 post, and here are 3 that included injected links:

Spammers are a pain in the butt and can be tough detect till they post their URL and someone spots it and reports it.  This is where you can be of HUGE help.  When you spot something like this, please report it.  I want these guys off the site more than anyone.  

Big thanks everyone!

Alex

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
Attachments:
5 years 1 month ago #634195 by NewavaMike
I don't think we are talking about spammers here  :whistle:

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #634197 by Alex

NewavaMike wrote: I don't think we are talking about spammers here  :whistle:

Sorry, I can't provide a more clear explanation then.  

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024