Most annoying thing you can do with your memory card

5 years 1 week ago #636211 by Nancy Hait
Which I have managed to do twice this month!

That is, you get home after a photo shoot and NOT download and back up those shots.  Instead, I went back out to another gig a few days later and continued shooting on that same card.  So then I had 2 gigs of shots on the same card!  

Annoying.  

Well I can thank my lucky stars that I didn't format my card!  That would have been really bad!

Photo Comments
5 years 1 week ago #636213 by Nikon Shooter
I can understand the discomfort of a full card, you were lucky
your card was big enough.

I use a XQD and a SDXC cards that are ginormous in my combo.
In the morning stress, I did get real early to the marsh for a short
jump; the light was great and, during setup, I see I forgot them
both at the studio.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
5 years 1 week ago #636221 by Nancy Hait

Nikon Shooter wrote: I can understand the discomfort of a full card, you were lucky
your card was big enough.

I use a XQD and a SDXC cards that are ginormous in my combo.
In the morning stress, I did get real early to the marsh for a short
jump; the light was great and, during setup, I see I forgot them
both at the studio.

Oh no!  How far of a drive was it to get them?

Photo Comments
5 years 1 week ago #636347 by Sanford
It's so easy to fall behind when you do that.  Before you know it, you have 2,000+ photos on your card that you have to filter through!  Been there and done that!  

Photo Comments
5 years 1 week ago #636349 by garyrhook

Sanford wrote: It's so easy to fall behind when you do that.  Before you know it, you have 2,000+ photos on your card that you have to filter through!  Been there and done that!  

Um, really?

I organize by date, and it's an easy matter to copy the files from the card to the harddrive, separating by date, and then work with each group as needed (import to LR, rename, etc).

You don't have to use LR to copy the files off the memory card.

Photo Comments
5 years 1 week ago #636357 by Nikon Shooter

Nancy Hait wrote: Oh no!  How far of a drive was it to get them?

Luckily, the new studio is only at some 2+ km from the
marsh — an extremely long drive when one knows that
light will not wait for you… or anyone for that matter.

Ok, I was enraged for that but I'd rather lose the marsh
session then having no cards once at the client's.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
5 years 4 days ago #636873 by Pete Franko
Sorry, but IMO the most annoying thing you can do with your memory card is leave it home.  Which I've done a couple times over the years!  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

The Sigma fp L is a compact full-frame camera with a 61-megapixel sensor, 4K video capabilities, in-body image stabilization, and weather-sealed construction. What’s not to like?!

Mar 19, 2024

The Canon 1DX Mark III is a big, burly professional camera packed with top-end features. Is it worth the investment in 2024? Find out in this detailed review!

Mar 04, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Smartphone photos have come a long way in recent years. With their increase in quality comes the ability to create large prints. Learn why canvas is a great option for your phone photos!

Mar 29, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Time management is a critical skill to master when you’re a photographer. But how do you get the most out of the limited time you have? Check out this guide to learn a few tricks!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Opening a photography business means undertaking various photography marketing strategies to promote your work. But you don’t want to do the same old thing - try these unique ideas!

Mar 22, 2024

The Canon EOS 80D might be a few years old, but it’s nevertheless a quality camera to invest in as a beginner or enthusiast looking for a mid-range DSLR with tons of lens options.

Mar 22, 2024

Wedding consultations are a critical part of a wedding photography gig. It’s when you learn about the couple and their wants, and present them with how you will meet those desires.

Mar 22, 2024

If you're looking for the best metal print of 2023, you'll find it from Artbeat Studios. After months of testing, Artbeat Studios beat out the competition!

Mar 21, 2024