What has you tempted to buy right now?

5 years 1 month ago #636350 by Tim Kelley
Well I'm sick, feeling like a slob on the couch.  So it's going to be one of 'those' post for me today.  

I'm been tempted for the last month on selling all my stuff, and making the move to the Nikon Z6.  Plus I would like to get one of those Syrp rigs or Dynamic Perception rigs.  

What about you? 

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #636352 by garyrhook
To do what?

Looking for external motivation will lead to... nothing. Wanting more/different gear is just a case of GAS without a plan/need.

I have one thing I need for specific reasons, and will execute when I can afford to. But the equipment I have doesn't come close getting the use I envision.

What I want is time and some funding.

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #636354 by Nikon Shooter

Tim Kelley wrote: What about you? 

With the years, I made quite good decisions in terms of
systems acquisitions and now, all I have to do is to extend
the systems if the needs are felt and justified.

Cameras, lenses, tripods & heads, studio and location flash
& stands, etc… there is no end to the spending. With "out
of the house grown up four kids" I could afford anything
I want but I am old enough to only get what the operation
will really need. 

When the D850 came out, I went for it because it is in per-
fect line with the system we own… just extending it; the new
"Z" mirrorless apparent rage does not — so can and will not
be justified in our business operations.

I hope you'll get better soon and come back to your senses.:P

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #636356 by KCook
As a hobby guy I never have to justify anything to anybody. As a whimsy I would like to jump into the new Panasonic L-mount full frame mirrorless. It's only a whimsy due to the high price (for a hobby guy).

carryon

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

5 years 1 month ago #636478 by Tim Kelley
WHOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHH!  (over the head)

Um, everyone missed the boat on this one.  

It was meant to be a fun thread, what are you looking to buy, thinking about buying, wishing you could buy.  Just getting a little conversation going.  

Now it has turned into a Dr Phil episode.   :rofl:

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #636488 by Shadowfixer1
Some folks need to learn when to lighten up. I would like to buy the Olympus 40-150 2.8 and 300 4.0 lenses with 1.4 convertor. Uncle Sam says no, I want my money first.
5 years 1 month ago #636489 by Nikon Shooter

Shadowfixer1 wrote: Some folks need to learn when to lighten up…

I would like to call myself "the proud owner" of the latest 
version of the Nikkor 800mm… but I'm afraid I may never
see it in person!

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #636495 by fmw
I'm close to buying a Subaru Forester to replace my wife's old car.  Does that count?  I have all the photo gear I need.

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #636497 by EOS Man
1. EOS R
2. New lens TBD (honestly not sure yet, looking at a few different ones).

5D Mark II | 50mm f/1.4 EX | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 70-200mm f/2.8L | 430EX
Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #636501 by Shadowfixer1
You may want to wait on the EOS R. Rumors are out there of 3 more releases coming.
5 years 1 month ago #636683 by Cory J
Set of filters, looking at the Polar Pro Quartzline :drool:

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #636757 by Overread
New MacBook Pro computer!

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #636819 by Mike McKinnon
Gitzo tripod

5 years 1 month ago #636915 by jeffnles1
3 things that keep giving me the itch.
1) the new 27" 2019 iMac (pretty much top end model with i5 chip).
2) Nikon 200-500mm lens.  I have a Sigma 150-600 but keep thinking the Nikon may be sharper (GAS defined, or a case of "is the grass greener over there?)
3) Nikon D850.  I lust after this camera.

Now, if I could just convince the wife I need all 3 of these things I'll be in business.  As a retired fellow I already have more money going out than is coming it.

Jeff

5 years 1 month ago #636917 by GaryA
A Tesla.

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.
www: garyayala.com

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024